Chapter 19

"I can't believe Robin ate kidney soup" said Meg.

"I required it. Many military soldiers eat it when stationed in Lithuania" said Batman.

"And after I ate it, I was stationed over the toilet" said Robin holding his stomach. 

"Aw, come on, Robin. Kidneys aren't so bad. When we lived in the Cavern, John Lennon and I used to duke it out over steak and kidney pie" said Charles Wallace. 

"Well, tell me at least Sam didn't eat kidney soup" said Chad.

"No I did not. And I'm grateful even though Batman scolded me when he found out" said Sam. 

"Did you really scold her for not eating something?" said Jeremy. 

"Yes. But very briefly, for that night, Robin and Sam had an even bigger problem" said Batman. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

In their hotel room, Sam was doing her nails while Robin vomited in the toilet. 

"You okay?" said Sam.

Robin sighed and collapsed on the floor in exhaustion. "I think so."

"You sure?" said Sam.

"Yeah. We're finished with the kidneys. We'll be back with the pickle juice after a short word from our sponsor" Robin strained. 

Sam shook her head and sat on the edge of the bathtub, stroking Robin's hair. 

"Sam?" said Robin.

"Yeah?"

"You told me that soup was disgusting. Why didn't I listen?"

"It's not your fault. It's Batman's for telling you to eat it" said Sam.

"Better me than you" said Robin.

Just then, they heard a knock on their door and Sam answered it.

Batman was at the door looking at her stone-faced.

"Batman. What a surprise" said Sam.

"Isn't it. I myself am surprised at you, Sam. Any good citizen would eat kidney soup" said Batman.

"But I'm not in the military" said Sam.

"But you still serve in the fight against crime" said Batman.

"Batman, please. Sam doesn't deserve it" said Robin.

"Neither of you deserve what I'm about to say. Robin, the pressure for you to learn Lithuanian has increased" said Batman.

"Why?" said Sam.

"Your concert has been moved to tomorrow" said Batman.

Robin and Sam widened their eyes and looked at each other in shock.