Chapter 20

"Batman, what do you mean the concert's tomorrow? It was scheduled for Wednesday" said Robin. 

"Robin, I spoke with Dorota. She said it had to be rescheduled" said Batman.

"But why?" said Sam.

"It's now in honor of a beautiful renowned opera singer" said Batman.

He handed Sam an advertisement paper about who the concert was in honor of. 

"Mary Costa? Gawrsh; I've seen her in Actorville" said Sam.

"Have you" said Batman.

"Yeah; she's the lady who voiced Princess Aurora. Now I'm glad we're gonna sing for her tomorrow" said Sam.

"But Sam... are you forgetting? I'm still a little fuzzy on speaking Lithuanian. How am I supposed to learn to sing in the language by tomorrow night?" said Robin.

"Oh yeah. Good point..." said Sam.

"That's why this is a problem. For now, I want you two to get a good night's sleep. In the morning, we shall speak to Dorota and Aleksandra. Regroup" said Batman.

"Yes, Batman" said Sam.

"Good night" said Batman before leaving. 

Sam shut the hotel door. "Well, Robin, we're gonna have to advance those lessons."

She looked on and Robin was hugging his knees on a chair and looking out the hotel room window.

"Robin?" said Sam.

When he didn't answer, Sam went over and knelt down in front of Robin. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, the... concert."

"What about it?"

"Ordinarily, I look forward to singing with you. But now I have to sing in a language I don't know. I feel like the rescheduling being a problem is my fault" said Robin.

Sam smiled and took his hand. "Honey, it's not your fault. You didn't know it'd be rescheduled."

Robin exhaled through his nose. "Maybe I didn't. But it's still a problem. I don't want us to have a problem on the holidays."

Sam tilted her head, still smiling. "You're such a fast learner; this shouldn't be a bad problem."

"You sure?"

"Sure I'm sure. All we need to do is pick a song and translate the words to Lithuanian" said Sam.

"But it's gonna take me a lot of practice" said Robin.

"Maybe not too much; you're great with languages" said Sam.

She sat next to Robin and wrapped her arm around him. 

They both looked up at the evening star and sang another verse of We Three Kings

 Frankincense to offer have I

Incense owns a deity nigh

Prayer and praising, all men raising

Worship Him, God most high 

Oh, star of wonder, star of night 

Star with royal beauty bright

Westward leading, still proceeding

Guide us to thy perfect light 

Robin and Sam looked at each other with smiles, then kissed each other goodnight before settling down for the night.