Chapter 36

Paul was at Abbey Road studios in London trying to figure out how to handle his career.

George Martin, their producer, had left the studio, so it was all up to the lads.

John Lennon was even bringing his new girlfriend Yoko Ono into the studio, which was becoming a regular thing with him. 

"Oh, come on, fellas! Get scratching" said Paul as he bashed his guitar.

"We've been doing this one solo for twenty-seven hours! Just end it!" John complained.

"Alright, fine!" said Paul.

The lads strummed one last chord as Ringo Starr did a few last-minute drumrolls and ended the song with a cymbal crash.

"I got blisters on me fingers!" he yelled, throwing away his drumsticks.

Paul put his guitar away and put band-aids on his own fingers, which were practically bleeding from all the strumming. 

George Harrison then came rushing in with a new sheet of music and his guitar.

"Hey, lads; sorry I'm late" he said.

"You're alright, Harrison. Nothing's been in order lately" said Ringo.

"What's that you got there, lad?" said John.

"New song. I think it'll be fine for our album" said George.

"Go on then; let's have it" said Paul.

George strapped on his guitar and sang his new song.

Look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping

Still, my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why nobody told you

How to unfold your love

I don't know how someone controlled you

They bought and sold you

I look at the world and I notice it's turning

While my guitar gently weeps

From every mistake we must surely be learning

Still, my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why you were diverted

You were perverted too

I don't know how you were inverted

No one alerted you

I look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

The other three were actually applauding, unlike George expected.

"That's gear, Georgie" said John.

"Really? You and Paul are always arguing about your own songs. I've been worrying that my work isn't making it for the band" said George.

"George, I've always believed in you, old fella" said Paul.

"Thank you, Macca" said George.

"Paul, that got me thinking. Why do we have to fight anyway?" said John.

"We don't. But you choose to because you're in a bad spot with Charles and you're more focused on Yoko than our work. Y'know, now that I have a baby, you might as well give me an easier time" Paul babbled.

"Paul, can we please not talk about this after a day-long recording session?" Ringo yawned.

"A day? No wonder I didn't see you fellas last night?" said George.

"Well, where were you?" said John.

"Writing my song!" said George with frustration.

"Lads! Please" said Ringo.

"Ringo, I'm not sure there's a point" Paul sighed. "Never mind; I better get home. Jill's prob'ly wondering what happened to me."

"Perhaps we should all be going. I've only been here fifteen minutes, and I already need space" said George.

So the lads parted ways and Paul headed for home.