Chapter 29

Calvin and Patty drove up to a beautiful resort on the Mozambique shore. 

Patty was amazed at how her cousin used to live on such an exotic country.

"Golly... I don't know why Cathy would give up living here" said Patty.

"Frankly, I'm not sure why she's had so many places to live. How busy is her father?" said Calvin.

"Well, he travels a lot and works too many hours. That may be why Cathy came to live with me alone" said Patty.

"I see" said Calvin.

"But I'm glad it worked out the way it did, because now you and she now live in Wiggletown. And Cathy is married to a man who has... pretty much the same profession as her" said Calvin.

"Yeah, true. I just hope she doesn't depend on Tim too much" Patty joked.

Calvin gave her a playful punch on the shoulder as they entered the lobby of the resort.

"It's so beautiful here, Cal!" Patty squealed.

"Yes it is" said Calvin calmly.

"I can't wait for you to meet my folks. This is gonna be a trip to remember" said Patty.

Calvin took Patty's hand and decided to make a confession. 

"Patty... I'm gonna admit something to you, okay? You're probably gonna call me a coward for saying this" he said.

"Aw, gee, Cal; I'm your wife. Say what you want" said Patty.

"Alright. Patty, you know how my dad treated me when I lived with him" said Calvin.

"Yeah; how could I forget that? He's some kookie character" said Patty.

"I'm just hoping your dad isn't like that" said Calvin.

"Calvin, my father isn't a bit like yours, honey. Poppo accepts everybody I know. When he hears how successful you are, he'll be so impressed" Patty babbled.

"You're absolutely certain" said Calvin.

"Of course! My father appreciates every kind of talent. He'd be jazzed to hear I'm married to a boy who fights crime" said Patty.

"Well, when you put it that way..." said Calvin.

"Trust me; you're great enough for my entire family. Come on!" said Patty.