PT. TWENTY-ONE

~Glad You're Settling~

  Eddie has always been way too good to me. He treated me like his queen. He tells me every single day that I am beautiful or stunning. Even when I don't feel like I am. I am a little on the heavy side, but Eddie looks past that. He loves all of my curves and my flaws. Yeah, I would get judged by how I look, but it doesn't faze me in the least. Because Eddie will always be there to protect me.

  One day, I was at home laying on my bed. Reading a good book. I hear a knock on my window. I get up and open the window, and Eddie climbs in. And hands me some flowers and chocolates. Kisses my lips and says, "Hello beautiful, I noticed that you didn't come to school today. Are you okay? Is there anything that I can do to help?" He was the sweetest boyfriend I could ever imagine having in my life. He is just way too perfect, and he deserves so much better than me. I looked at him, with tears flowing down my cheeks. He takes his hand and wipes the tears away and says, "Baby, what is the matter? Please tell me, don't keep it back!" I got up and grabbed my guitar. He watches my every move.

  I sat back down on my bed and started to sing a song that I wrote two nights ago. I looked at Eddie, with tears still in my eyes. I can't believe that this song is my way of saying that he deserves better than me and that we need to go our separate ways. I gave him a slight smile and started singing.

I'll just keep my eyes closed if you promise you won't let go
'Cause I'm afraid, one day I'll watch this fire die slow
I feel like a burden, always wanting reassurance
'Cause I'm afraid that there's a chance I'm not your person

Maybe I should be alone, delete me from your phone
Leave and close the door, my friends will say, "I told you so."
Leave me here in pieces. You've got a million reasons
But I see the way you look at me, and I just can't believe it

I'm not worth it. Anyone could see that you're just too perfect to love someone like me
I'm nothing special, so why'd you settle?
You'd never admit this, but you could do better than me
But I'm glad that you're settling

Ooh, ooh
Yeah, I'm glad that you're settling
Ooh, ooh

Driving down a back road, staring out the window
Holding back a tear 'cause you said I look beautiful
But I don't believe you, and maybe that's the issue
'Cause you kiss me, and it feels too good to be true

My world begins to slow (hm), I need you like a home (hm)
Where I can always go (hm) and close the door so I'll stay warm (hm)
You love me at my weakest, you hold me 'til I'm healing
I see the way you look at me, and I just can't believe it

I'm not worth it (so not worth it), anyone could see that
You're just too perfect (you're just too perfect) to love someone like me
I'm nothing special, so why'd you settle
So why'd you settle? (Oh, so why'd you, why'd you settle?)
You'd never admit this, but you could do better than me
But I'm glad that you're settling

Ooh, ooh
Yeah, I'm glad that you're settling
Ooh, ooh
Yeah, I'm glad that you settled for me

You and me (ooh)
Ooh (ooh)

    I sat my guitar down and looked at Eddie, who had tears in his eyes. He pulls me closer to him and lays his head on top of mine. "Baby, you are worth it. I love you and all your flaws. I wouldn't be with you if you weren't enough. You belong to me, and that's all that matters. You are my person, and we belong together. So don't ever think you're not worth it, because you are." I pulled away from the hug and said,"Eddie, I am not what you say I am. Have you looked at me lately? Every time I look into the mirror, I cry because of how my body is. And I get angry and upset because a man like you deserves someone who doesn't look like me. I hate how I look, Eddie. I am not perfect whatsoever. You can keep telling me that I am beautiful, but I won’t believe it. You belong to someone else. You are way too perfect for me. So, thank you for trying to love me. Thank you for trying to make me believe that I am worth your time when clearly I am not. So what I am trying to say, Eddie, is that I feel like we should take a break. Go find someone who is worth your while. Someone who is beautiful and skinny and doesn't have stretch marks on her legs. I love you, I always will. But promise me that you will find someone better."