Prologue of the War

...

3rd Pov

Cardinal Leblanc Mcfarelene pondered about the information presented to him by his informants, he was sitting in a luxurious room with some other people around a desk, he sat upon a chair befitting of his position, for he was the leader of the Cardinal faction. " So Eric, basically the new World Power, the one who killed none other than Demon God Laplace has established a religion as her as the God?", he asked for a confirmation despite reading all the information presented to him.

" Yes Lord Cardinal, and I also have the information about the rising tension between the newly established Kingdom Camelot, and the Asura Kingdom. I also have gotten the signals and information about the upcoming war between them. The King of the Asura Kingdom has declared a war, and he is supported by almost 90% of the Nobility", he said and Cardinal sighed.

" I thought... About establishing a friendly relationship with their Kingdom, since one of their founders killed the vile Demon God Laplace, a news that should be celebrated for he was a threat to whole of humanity, one that could have risen again if free. But to think they converted the followers of the teachings of Great Saint Millis, to a new religion which is ruled none other than a self-proclaimed God", he said confirming his dislike about the situation.

" Lord Cardinal... If I may speak", said a woman cladded in Blue Knight Armor as she asked for permission to have a conversation with him," Granted", he said and she took of her helmet revealing her beautiful face, she had blonder hair and blue eyes ," Lord Cardinal, I have gotten the news of Pope Harry had agreed to the Asura Kingdom's request of assistance against Kingdom of Camelot, and a large portion of Order of Church, Order of instruction is to be sent as help and even half of Order of Temple is entitled to assist them".

" Is that bastard crazy?!!", he shouted as he slammed the table in anger, for a moment there was a silence before another man spoke," Lord Cardinal, I think we shall let them have this war- A being that could kill Laplace, is both a good and bad news for us, but considering our situation it could put Milis religion has whole in a threat... Thus! It would be best if we get rid of them given the opportunity!".

The Cardinal became silent as he glanced all of his most trusted people, he sighed deeply and said," It would seem so we are under a quite a peculiar situation- But it is also an opportunity for us! Loss of life is inevitable in this war, and that foolish pope is assisting with a huge portion of military might under him, it will reduce his influence quite a bit after this war and to prevent loses on our side, we shall support him with only 10% of the Knights from Temple of Order under the disguise of agreeing with him fully".

Murmurs spread throughout the room and a person asked," But Lord Cardinal, wouldn't that be easy to be exposed that we only provided a portion of the soldiers we promised?", Cardinal looked at him with an intense look, others became silent getting gist of the things. " We shall use this war to weaken them as much as possible, after which we will throw him and his ridiculous ideology of living in peace with Demon Race!", Cardinal said declaring his intentions loud, making it clear and firm.

It was obvious that the Cardinal planned the upcoming war as a means to weaken the Pope and then finish him. Some people showed signs of hesitation but it was soon replaced with acceptance, while a girl who was sitting on a corner thought,' Something isn't right... This is not supposed to be right...', she looked in the eyes of the Cardinal peering through his memories, going deeper and deeper into his mindscape by every second.

" Miko!", a shout awoke her, as she looked at Therese who had grabbed her shoulder, everyone where looking at her with a frown, and Cardinal at her with a slight dissatisfaction," Why did you looked into my memories, Miko?", he asked disliking the idea of his memories being peered revealing deepest of his secrets, but since it was Miko, he was not too worried but just felt slightly uncomfortable.