False Mates(1)

Adalina's POV

I sighed heavily as I lay in bed. I don't want to get up and do anything today but Anton wants to have dinner with his boss and his girlfriend. I've been with my mate, Anton, for 4 years. But the weird thing is I have not felt any type of indication that we were mates. I don't feel the sparks when he kisses me or touches me or hugs me. One day, he just had a gut feeling and said I was his mate. I was only 15 at the time and he was 19 so I just blindly believed him. But now that I am 19, I still don't feel anything towards Anton. He tried to get me to sleep with him but I always turned him down. I don't want to be intimate with him until I am sure he is my mate. Until then, he can fist his hand for all I care.

"Adalina, are you ready yet?" I silently groan. Shut the hell up. I heard him knock on the door.

"No, I still need to get dressed," I call out.

"Why?! We have to be there in an hour! That's not enough time for you to get ready!" Bitch, who are you talking to?

"I can get dressed in under an hour."

"But you need to look perfect and more than an hour to do that! Here, let me come in and I'll tell you what you should wear."

"If you even think about opening that door, I will stab you where you stand. Now, wait downstairs and I will be ready." He groans loudly and goes to sulk on the couch. I sighed and went into the bathroom to get ready.

*One Hour Later*

This is one of my favorite dresses because it makes me feel like Cinderella. My blonde hair was in a high bun with little tendrils around my face, my lips had a light pink gloss, my eyes were big and blue, and my nails were perfect and white.

 My blonde hair was in a high bun with little tendrils around my face, my lips had a light pink gloss, my eyes were big and blue, and my nails were perfect and white

I grabbed a pearl white clutch bag and walked out of the room. Anton was pacing back and forth, waiting for me. I clear my throat and he gives me a onceover. 

"I guess this will work. Come on, we're running late." He grabs my hand and drags me out of the house. As we were driving to the restaurant, I couldn't help but feel something deep in my gut that something would happen tonight.

"Now, baby, you know I love you but let the men do the talking, okay? My promotion relies on this dinner and I don't need you saying stupid things." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course, dear," I say in a monotone voice. 

"And once we get back, I want to try for kids." I stiffened in my seat. Werewolves should be getting pregnant within the first week of meeting their mate. Anton and I have been together for 4 years and I haven't been pregnant once. I don't know if there is something wrong with us or perhaps it's the fact that I don't think we are mates.

"Well, I'll be tired so maybe tomorrow." He sighed condescendingly.

"Adalina, darling, I want kids and I want them now. So, we are going to have sex until you are pregnant." He stopped the car and flinched when he saw me glaring.