𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19

Chapter 20, 21 and 22 is already uploaded on ScrollStack!<3
link in my bio👍🏻

Happy Reading💌

◽◾◽

(Okay before you start reading the previous chapter was all about the flashback of Night! And this is present chapter continuing from Chapter 17)

"It's because of him that Sneha is with us today-" I began to say.

But she interrupted in a stern yet calm voice, "In this, Aarush is not at fault." she said firmly and pointed her index finger at me, "He is innocent. Your anger and ego are causing this. Reflect on it, Aarav."

I took a deep breath. For months, I couldn't get a good night's sleep, all because of a million-rupee deal hanging by a thread due to one incompetent employee in our company. I hadn't visited the warehouse in ages, and Ricky seemed to have vanished. Yesterday, in my quest to find information about Rhea, I realised I had to visit the warehouse no matter what. The pressure was mounting, and it was giving me a splitting headache.

"My head is already splitting with pain, so please, I don't want to argue with you. And what's your issue? Haven't we already got married? You're taking care of that kid, right? Just focus on that. I told you before that this marriage means nothing to me! Don't you understand my point?" I said in frustration, running my fingers through my hair, and heading towards the closet.

"I just did this as a favour for both of you. You weren't in a condition to take care of him last night," I continued, moving forward.

"And how much more will you lie?" Rhea asked, grabbing my elbow and stopping me in my tracks.

"What? What lie am I telling?" I said, looking into her eyes angrily. My head was truly splitting now, and this morning had already begun on a challenging note.

"Can you please stop, Aarav? I know this, you know this, and we all know you have a soft spot for Aarush. Why are you doing this then?" She asked, pleading with her eyes as if searching for the truth in my face.

As I attempted to pull away, Rhea's grip tightened on my elbow, and her eyes searched mine with a mix of frustration and concern. "Aarav, please," she pleaded softly, "I can see through your frustration. Last night was proof enough. You care about Aarush, despite your stubbornness and ego refusing to admit it. Your ego, anger, and pain are lashing out on that innocent child. Why can't you accept that maybe, just maybe, I'm telling the truth?"

I scowled, trying to shake off the emotions stirring within me. "Rhea, I don't want to hear it. This marriage means nothing to me. Don't overanalyze things; it's not about caring for Aarush. I have my reasons for what I do, and I don't need you pointing them out."