𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 43

This book is completed on ScrollStack ppl!
Bonus Chapter 02 is also uploaded now!

TARGET🎯
Votes - 90+
Comments - 40+

Increasing the target by 5 need your response! I'll update next part only if the target is completed!

Happy Reading💌

◾◽◾

The night was thick with an eerie silence as Aarav drove through the dense, shadowy forest. The moonlight barely pierced through the thick canopy, casting faint, ghostly shadows on the narrow, winding road. Aarav checked the clock on the dashboard; he was running on a tight schedule. His thoughts briefly drifted to Rhea, remembering the promise he made to be home by morning.

Far behind, another car followed him at a safe distance. He knew it was his bodyguard and Raj, his trusted aide, ensuring his safety. Aarav's grip on the steering wheel tightened as the disposable phone he carried for security purposes buzzed.

"Hello?" Aarav answered, keeping his voice steady.

"Aarav, your suspicion was right," Arjun's voice came through, tense and hurried. "Where are you?"

"I'm almost there. What's happening?" Aarav asked, a hint of worry creeping into his voice.

"Aarav, you-" Arjun started, but his words were abruptly cut off by a loud gunshot. Before Aarav could react, a sharp pain seared through his bicep as a bullet hit him. His control over the car slipped, and it veered off the road, crashing violently into a tree. His head slammed against the steering wheel, causing a wave of dizziness to wash over him.

Painfully, Aarav forced the door open and stumbled out. Blood streamed from his arm, but he pushed the pain aside. He reached back into the car, retrieving the important documents and his gun. His breathing was ragged, each breath a struggle.

The car behind him skidded to a stop, and his bodyguard immediately sprang into action, gun drawn, searching for the shooter. Raj ran over to Aarav's side, his face etched with concern.

"Are you okay, boss?" Raj asked urgently, his eyes assessing Aarav's wound.

"I'm fine. Just find him," Aarav gritted out, clutching his bleeding bicep. "He can't be far."

Raj nodded and dashed off, leaving Aarav alone. Aarav turned back to the crashed car, realizing he needed his phones. He rummaged through the wreckage and found both his phone and the now-broken disposable phone. Frustrated, he grabbed Raj's walkie-talkie and called Arjun.

"Arjun, listen," Aarav's voice was strained but firm. "Empty the warehouse immediately. Move everything to the other location."

Arjun's voice crackled back, filled with urgency. "I'm already on it, Aarav. I had a feeling this might happen, that's why I called you. But I couldn't get the words out before the shot."