𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 28

Chapter 29, 30 and 31 are available on ScrollStack!
And Ch 29 is Free!

Happy Reading💌

◽ ◾ ◽

I emerged from the kitchen, gathering everything up

I emerged from the kitchen, gathering everything up. Savitri Maa was also with me, but she had left for the room just a while ago, I mean, she left when I insisted. It's not like I was alone; there were staff members with me.

I had just reached the dining area to wipe my hands when the doorbell rang. Glancing at the time, it was quarter to ten. "Who could it be at this hour?" I felt a twinge of fear, but then I thought, 'This is the Singhania mansion, what could possibly happen here?'

As I walked towards the door to open it, a staff member stopped me and went to open it himself, saying, "Ma'am, please wait, I'll open it." I simply nodded and smiled.

When the door opened, there stood a man dressed in a suit, holding a bag in his hand. He began talking to the staff member with a smile, who also bowed to him before the man put his hand on the staff member's shoulder and entered.

I just narrowed my eyes, watching him closely. When he looked at me, his smile widened even more, and I must admit, I felt a bit intimidated. Trusting my instincts, I took a couple of steps back; I still get nervous around new people.

He stopped in front of me and also maintained a slight distance between us. Smiling, he said, "Namaste Bhabhi! Finally, I get to meet you." He literally seemed to bounce on his toes with excitement.

(Sister in law)

But my mind was stuck on one word, 'Bhabhi!' Hearing it made me feel a strange sensation. Besides Sonu, no one has ever called me 'Bhabhi.' But even sometimes Sonu still calls me 'Di' or 'Didi.' But now, hearing it from a stranger felt different. I couldn't decide if it was good or bad.

"Hello!" I snapped out of my thoughts when he waved his hand in front of my face.

"Where are you lost? Um, sorry, I didn't even introduce myself. By the way, I'm Arjun, and coincidentally, I'm your husband's best friend," he said, ending with a tired sigh.

A smile crept onto my face upon hearing him. He looked decent, and if he's Aarav's best friend, then there's no danger.

"You're Aarav's best friend?" I asked.

"Yes, unluckily, I'm the one," he said, waving his hand dramatically in the air.

Seeing his antics, I couldn't help but chuckle, and he grinned at me.

"Come, let me get you some water," I said, heading towards the kitchen.

I filled a glass with water and took out the container of kheer from the fridge; it hadn't cooled much. I scooped some into a bowl and placed both the glass and the bowl on a tray before heading back outside.