Chapter 182

Half an hour ago.

It is used as a temporary guest room for the white monks to rest.

It was late at night. After running around for many days, the monk in white immediately lay down on the bed after washing up. He had already been dragged into a deep sleep by the fatigue on his body.

He finally found an inn that allowed him to stay overnight. As soon as he touched the soft bed that he hadn't touched for a long time, he quickly fell asleep and didn't notice the sudden strange noise in the room.

First, there were a few slight "creaking" sounds coming from the coffin. After this strange and sporadic sound sounded several times, it stopped for a while.

When the "creak" sound sounded in the coffin again, the frequency was different from before, and suddenly became higher.

From intermittent soft sounds, it became more and more intensive, and the sound became louder and louder. In the end, it turned into a harsh sound of fingernails scratching the coffin board, one sound more urgent than the other.

After these continuous sounds, there was another sound in the coffin that was different from the sounds of scratching the coffin boards, but a lighter sound of clothes rubbing against the inner wall of the coffin.

Two sounds of different severity intertwined and soon overlapped. The scratching sound became louder and louder. Even if the monk in white was sleeping soundly, he was woken up by these harsh sounds not long after.

He opened his eyes in confusion, thinking that there was some wild cat or small animal scratching at the door.

But when he sobered up, he immediately remembered that he had found an inn where he could stay, and it wasn't a place like a ruined temple that he had made do in the wilderness.

The decoration of this hotel looks quite luxurious, and the price for a one-night stay is not cheap. How could there be little animals running around that disturb your dreams?

But he soon discovered that these sounds were not made by small animals running around in the night, but from... the coffin containing his deceased wife and daughter.

The white-clothed monk was startled, and his sleepiness immediately disappeared.

He fumbled to turn on the light, and the bright white light illuminated his eyes, and he thought he was dreaming.

How could there be any sound coming from the coffin? He must have missed them too much...

Just when he was in a daze, there were sounds of scratching on the wooden boards in the coffin that had been silent for a few seconds.

It was as if there were two people, one large and one small, trapped in the coffin, anxious to get out.

The white-clothed monk heard the noise and ran out of bed, threw himself on the coffin, felt the noise coming from inside, and asked eagerly: "Xiaoyue? Xiaoyue, is that you? Why are you..."

What responded to him in the coffin was a more intense and impatient scratching sound.

Could it be that they are alive again? !

The white-clothed monk got excited and split open the coffin. The next moment, a figure made a beast-like "ho-ho" sound and pounced on him.

"Xiaoyue?" The monk in white called his wife's name and hugged her tightly.

But after a brief moment of excitement, he quickly discovered something was wrong.

The wife's body was still as cold as a corpse, and there was even an indescribable smell, like something rotting, coming from her body.