Chapter 36

Recovering

Akame held him as she didn't want to let go, fearing that he would leave again as she then felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned her head as she saw Susanoo behind her, "I'll carry him back to the base,"

She nodded as she turned around and let Susanoo carry Izuku as the boy was in a deep sleep. She looked at the hero, his baggy eyes and his expression, she didn't know if that helped him. She wanted to stay by his side until he awoke.

"Mission accomplished everyone, let's head back to the hideout," Najenda said.

They all nodded as Tatsumi felt someone poke him, he turned to see Mein right behind him, "Nice work getting to Izuku,"

Tatsumi shook his head, "Nah could've done it with you distracting him that shot,"

"Though you could've killed him right there," Tatsumi said as Mein elbowed him in the hip.

"I knew he would dodge that idiot," Mein scowled at him.

Tatsumi chuckled, "I know, because you're the best sniper in the world after all," he smiled at her.

Mein blushed a bit as she pouted a bit, "Well, even if we stopped him there, we would have been chasing him again if not for Akame,"

Tatsumi nodded as he looked at her and Izuku as she walked right by his side as Susanoo was carrying him, never letting him out of her sight.

"She finally got to say it though," Tatsumi smiled.

Mein also smiled as she nodded, "Yeah...she did..."

Leone then wrapped her arms around Tatsumi and Mein, "But he sure did give us a run for our money," she said.

Mein just groaned, "Thank God he was tired and starved or else we wouldn't have caught up,"

Leone and Mein followed the rest of the group but Tatsumi stood there as he remembered something.

"Izuku, you...didn't use that power did you," he muttered as he remembered something in the past.

2 months ago before Kyoroch

Tatsumi was training as he focused on his invisibility. He wanted to increase its duration as he tried to hold it in. His invisibility then deactivated as he let out a breath. Incursio disappeared as Tatsumi felt like his chest was closing in on him

"Crap...I got to increase my stamina, if I can't hold it for long enough like Bro can then I'll be done for in stealth missions," Tatsumi scolded himself.

He laid on the floor as he thought about what occurred a month ago. Izuku's name started to slowly spread around the capital. Deku was what they called him, people started to see and revolt against the Empire more and more. Najenda said that there were more people joining their ranks because of Izuku.

But every time he came back to the base, he would look tired and exhausted, but he would also ignore everyone, avoiding them without even saying hi. Eri wondered why he was being so cold to everyone. Tatsumi got up as he then tried to activate Incursio again but then he felt a massive tremor beneath him, he stopped as he looked around.

"A danger beast?" He thought but then seconds later he felt and heard a loud boom that made his ears ring. He covered them as he turned around to see a massive dust cloud covering the whole forest he was at.

Tatsumi activated Incursio as he sprinted towards the dust clouds.

"Is it the Empire? Have they found us again?"