Chapter 39

I Will Always be Your Hero

Before Izuku's arrival at the Chapel

Esdeath slammed Tatsumi to the ground as the boy was shocked at her strength. Susano came up from behind as he tried to land a blow on her but Esdeath completely froze him and then shattered the ice along with him in an instant.

Tatsumi then tried to attack while she was distracted but she kicked him on his hip as he flew back. Tatsumi rolled as he hit a pillar, he coughed as he looked at Esdeath, death was radiating from her. This whole time she had a smile on her face.

She looked at the Incursio user as she slowly approached him.

"Come on, entertain me more!" She shouted in excitement.

She then turned to block another punch from the humanoid Teigu.

"Incredible! No matter how many times I destroy you, you keep getting revived!" Esdeath was having the time of her life. She looked at Najenda as the latter was barely able to stand.

"How long can you last, Najenda!" She shouted.

Susanoo then released a flurry of punches at her but each and everyone was blocked or parried with ease. She then kicked the Teigu away as he was now a few feet away from her.

Bolic watched as he felt safe since Esdeath was holding her own. He then laid eyes on the unconscious Leone as he licked his lips.

"Gah what the hell," he said.

He got out of his throne as headed towards Leone.

Kurome noticed him, "Hey stop, don't move!" She tried to stop him but he ignored her.

Bolic then was on top of Leone as he tried to have his way with her body.

"Look at you, don't worry I'll take care of you,"

Esdeath looked at him in disappointment as she then ducked under a kick from Tatsumi and Susanoo continued to double team her but no hits were landing.

Tatsumi noticed Bolic as he widened his eyes as he tried to lunge at him but Esdeath grabbed his cape and threw him at the wall and then punched him in the stomach as he gasped for air.

Susanoo then continued his onslaught as Esdeath stepped away from Tatsumi.

"That's it! More, show me more!" Esdeath excitedly shouted.

Bolic was about to strip Leone but then the glass broke from the windows high on the wall. Esdeath turned her head as she saw Akame and Mein above them.

Kurome widened her eyes as she then tried to intercept. Akame saw the battle as she saw Tatsumi leaning against the wall but she also saw Leone in a worse state. And her target right next to her as well.

She knew what she had to do as she fastly approached Bolic. Kurome tried to intercept but Mein shot at her, which caused the sister to stop in her tracks.

Akame was upon him as he panicked and tried to run away but then he felt a grip on his leg as he looked down and saw Leone smirking at him.

"Gotcha..."

Esdeath noticed this as she tried to intercept Akame but Susanoo appeared in front of her and threw a punch which she blocked with an ice shield.

Bolic saw Akame as she had Murasame ready, "Eliminate," she coldly said as she sliced his throat.

Esdeath widened her eyes as she realized that she failed her mission she gritted her teeth as she jumped in the air and summoned a barrage of ice spikes and hurled them at the ground. Susanoo quickly grabbed Tatsumi out of the way and Akame shielded Leone.