chapter 29 The dinner Part 1

Sachedaa

Mom kept continuously calling me .... my assistant Dr said that he waited for like 2 hrs atleast that's what the receptionist told him ... I don't know what to do which this man.  All the males are impossible I murmured.  That's when someone bumped " yaar kisiko dekh ke chalna hi nhi Ata " I said " woahh sunshine Calm down !!! BTW what did my jiju do !??? Did you two fight for the first time ...." " ahhhh why do you all care about him .?.  It's like everything is my fault "

He was silently laughing " it's because we know you are next to impossible to handle !!!! So I thought I should give some advice to that gentleman " ."  Gentleman my foot ..... " I whispered.  Please don't say that he was waiting for you yarr for two hours like do you even know his appointment itself takes one month and then also he calls only if he is interested.  He is busy man dear still he made efforts I think you should forgive him . "Ya ofc take his side !!! I'm leaving all males from my life right now... " " you know you won't " he laughed loudly this time . " look I have to go home change and meet his family at the dinner today .I just hope things go smoothly "

" So my dear friend wants things to go smoothly so she can get married to the hottest bachelor!!!! Woooo I like this side of yours " " smoothly means I try my best not to kill someone.  " I mocked
"You don't mean it right ? " " nope it is exactly what I mean ... " He was continuously laughing ....
"I know you are pissed off right now because you are nervous .... but don't worry I trust Mr.  Raghav he will handle things " I made Idc face and left the place....

Raghav

It's was already 7 :00 and I had to leave ; I was least excited for family dinners but I was so desperate to see her that I hurriedly left office packing my things up and reached for the elevator when the voice came " Best of luck bro !!! I hope it goes well " I side eyed him and he gave a small mocking smile. The elevator opened and I went inside ignoring every single person on my way .

At home

Everything was ready and dadi was getting ready . I went in there room . And knocked.... "Arey beta you are here . Please come here . They were not still dressed. "  " why are you both not dressed " " What should we wear I mean - " " please stop!!!! I just came here to say that  please treat her well . I really don't want things to get ruined I want to marry her . I hope you for once do something for me , like a parent "  " that is why I'm asking you not to marry a middle class girl. " said my mother " enough don't  insult her . Treat her correct;  is my future wife if you don't the consequences will not be perfect and I'm dead serious mother don't tempt me to do something you won't like ..." with that I started to leave !!!!" If she is right for you promise you I'll let you marry her . " said my dad . We exchanged a look "but if just because dadi wants you to get married and that is why you are agreeing than I'm sorry but I will not allow this to happen .... "

I looked in his eyes he assured . " I'm marrying her because I want . Don't blame dadi for this . Like you always do " then I looked at my  mother . I could not speak further so I left....

After some time **

The door bell ranged when I was getting ready this time I a simple shirt paired with jeans.i was eager to see her beacause everytime she came she always had a traditional attire ....   maybe this simplicity might impress her and she atleast agrees to listen to me ......

" Please come in !! "I heard when I went just went out when I saw her .... I eyes widened oh my goodness she was wearing a blue kurta our eyes meet for a second when she saw me tried to say something but then dadi saw me and whispered something and she blushed .... what did dadi  Tell her. Dadi motioned them to sit and my parents entered.  She instantly greeted everyone. I could see clear disinterest in my mother's eyes her parents were simple .... I went downstairs and greeted them too . I stood beside my brother and also my sister." She is cute yaar .... simple " said my sister . Glad someone atleast like her...." what do you think bhai "  I looked at him . "  she is golden hearted person  . Don't marry her if you are planning to do it only for dadi . Raghav it will break her  heart ." I looked at him and realised he was serious we were very close before but beacause of  my parents our relationship got distanced but I was always sure and he also made it a point that he and I both know that I have his back !!!!  My bhabhi came stood beside him .... without saying anything " Bhabhi do you approve ?? Bhai and me already have approved her " My sister spoke " ofc . Why will I have a problem . I mean it's not like she is going to be living with me . If Raghav likes her then there should be no discussions about it !!"

All the elders talked my dadi introduced everybody to her parents ; though my mother did her show off a bit but still dad controlled her ...  to which I'm glad. " I think we should all eat  dinner it is ready  " spoke my mother .  Everyone agreed and stood towards the dinner table . On the way I saw dadi holding her hand and consoling her she seemed nervous.  Actually quite opposite of what I heard in the morning. That's when I saw her closely her eyes were puffed behind the make up like she had cried a lot and when for the second time our eyes met all I could the hidden sadness behind her kajal as if someone will hold up and hug her and she will end up crying..  she again  averted her eyes like she could she what was I thinking . The dinner was all set. Our family sat on the dining table  . "Why don't you all go to the terrace and eat I'll tell kaka to bring all the food there . " " yes dadi that's good " said  Mahi ( my  sister) she went upstairs after saying that ,kaka was just taking everything upstairs when I saw her helping him . "The daughter in laws of Mehras don't do such petty things . I would never want Sanya ! ( my sister - in -law)  to  do!!!" I stiffened I curled my fist she had to ruin it . For once mom for once .....There was a pin drop silence   " Give me let me help you !" I said in a stern voice if you know how to ruin things I know how to mend them mom ....... " she looked at me said said no in silence " beta you. - " " yes is there any problem I hope I can atleast help my future wife to settle things ....these  things not big thing for us ... we all three always eat like this kaka always leaves early today you all were there so he stayed and any ways dadi has always taught us that no work is big or small " I said in a causal but stern tone which made my mom speechless . I also made sure to mention my future wife to make her realise that my decision of marrying her is firm.....

I took the bowl from her hand and motioned her " Shall we wifey ?" I pronounced wifey little more than a whisper so no one could hear us !!! Her without saying anything nodded and went upstairs. 

Please drop your views .... cause they matter to me!! They are a motivation to write .... Please like and share with your friends🙂🙂thanking you for reading !!!