Jels

It has been a calm and lovely day in the Castle in the quiet Kingdom of Deawizain.

***

Screams fill the corridor, which of course worries Wels since he is the Captain of the Royal Guard. Wels grabs his sword and goes towards the screams, he pushes the door open and looks around in case of any distress. What he sees is a servant, standing on a chair with a broom in his hand. He looks horrified.
"Sir?" Wels chuckles. "Is everything alright?"
"No- There is a dangerous beast threatening me!" The servant points.
Wels looks and sees a small spider. "A...spider?" Wels asks.
"Yes, a spider!!!" The servant yells. "They are hell spawns!" The servant swings the broom.
Wels shakes his head and walks over to the spider, he picks it up and opens the window, places the spider on the flower box, and closes the window.
"Tada" Wels says.
The servant blinks. "You- How are you so calm- that's a demon!"
Wels laughs. "It's a spider, it's not gonna hurt you." Wels offers a hand to help the servant off the chair.
The servant grabs his hand and gets down. "Mh- I guess so." The servant responds stubbornly.
Wels smiles. "May I have the pleasure of learning your name?"
"Oh, I'm Jevin." Jevin smiles and bows.
Wels smiles. "Lovely name, I'm Wels." Wels smiles.
"It's nice to meet you, Wels. I assume you're a guard here?" Jevin raises an eyebrow.
Wels grins. "Captain of the Royal Guard at your service." Wels salutes to Jevin.
Jevin grins and giggles. "Well I should finish cleaning before Gem has my head on a stick." Jevin smirks. "See you around blondie." Jevin walks off.
Wels stands there dumbfounded. "Blondie!?"

***

Jevin hums as he sweeps the floor of the kitchen. "Hmm~" Jevin grins and sways as he sweeps. He spins and pretends he's dancing with the broom as he cleans.
A few moments go by and Jevin spins and bumps into someone.
Jevin opens his eyes and looks up, he sees Wels standing there with a smirk.
Jevin's cheeks heat up. "H-How long have you b-been there!?" Jevin squeaks, embarrassed.
"Long enough, princess." Wels grins.
"I-I, Princess!?" Jevin blushes.
Wels chuckles. "Alright, alright. I just got here like 2 minutes ago."
Jevin sighs and shakes his head. "Do you need anything?"
"Well, I was going to grab food made for the knights, but I found you dancing around and didn't want to interrupt you." Wels smiles.
Jevin scoffs. "Just grab the food."
"Will do, princess." Wels chuckles when Jevin shouts in disapproval as he walks past him to the fridge.
Jevin grumbles angrily and finishes sweeping. When he turns around, he sees that Wels already left.
"Hmpf. Stupid knight" Jevin crosses his arms then puts the broom away.
What Jevin doesn't realize is that Wels is still around the corner.
Wels brings a hand up to his face and grins, admiring Jevin from afar. He can't help the faint blush spreading across his cheeks.

***

"Jevin!!!" Gem yells.
Jevin shoots up out of bed. "Yes?! What is it?! Did I sleep in late!? Do I have a meeting with the king?! Do I-" Jevin gets cut off by a cookie being shoved into his mouth.
Jevin blinks and looks up at Gem, she's holding a tray of cookies.
"You're fine, chill. I just wanted you to try these cookies Stress made" Gem grins.
Jevin squints at Gem and eats the cookie. "Mh. Tell her she's still great at baking." Jevin licks his lips and Gem laughs.
"I will, I do have something for you to do though. Get dressed, then take these down to the knight's training quarters." Gem smiles and places the tray down.
"Mhm. Got it" Jevin nods and Gem walks away.
Jevin stands up and walks over to his closet, he opens it and gets dressed. He is wearing a simple white shirt, tight black pants, and simple but nice black shoes. He fixes his hair and then brushes his teeth. Jevin goes over to the tray and picks it up, carefully taking the cookies to the kitchen and transferring them to a plate as he puts the tray in the sink.

Soon, he's walking down the stairs with a plate of cookies in his hands, making sure to be careful. Jevin walks down the hall as he hums softly. Once he reaches the quarters he raises a hand and knocks three times.
The door opens and he sees one of the guards, Ex if he's correct.
"Hey, What's up?" Ex tilts his head.
Jevin smiles. "Lady Stress made these cookies and Lady Gem advised me to bring these down to you all." Jevin holds the plate out.
Ex grins. "Alright, come on in" Ex steps to the side, letting Jevin in.
Jevin steps in and Ex closes the door behind him.
"Follow me." Ex leads Jevin to the training grounds.
Ex whistles loudly, catching people's attention. "Lady Stress and Lady Gem sent some cookies down for us!" Ex calls out.
A few guards cheer, and they all walk over to the main room.
Jevin sets down the cookies and steps back, when he does he bumps into someone and almost loses balance, until a hand wraps around his waist. Jevin looks up to see a familiar grin.
"Not you again-" Jevin groans unhappily.
Wels laughs. "What's that supposed to mean? Are you not happy to see me?" Wels raises an eyebrow.
"Not at all." Jevin deadpans.
Wels gasps and puts his other arm over his forehead dramatically. "Oh how you wound me." Wels pouts.
Jevin squints at Wels and starts laughing.
This causes Wels to stop being dramatic and join Jevin in laughing.