Rome

Rome's POV

"I don't know how I could ever repay you?" She looks up at me through her thick lashes.  Staring into her eyes; I know I shouldn't do it, but I need to. I take a step closer and press my lips to hers. Her breath hitches. She wants it too. I know she feels it between us. But she's fighting it.  I pull away.

"That's all the payment I need."  I take a step back, watching and waiting for her to get into her apartment before I go up to mine.

Getting into the elevator I hit the P button and lean against the wall; closing my eyes.  Smiling to myself, because I've waited years for that one kiss.  I wanted so much more, but I know I need to pace myself.  Her scent was both driving me mad, and calming me at the same time.

Walking into the Penthouse I toss my keys and phone on the entryway table.  She loves her apartment, like I knew she would.  I wonder how she will like all the clothes I filled her walk in with?  Checking the time, I'll give her another hour before I go back down.  Having her so close works out perfectly for me.  Now I don't have to wait so long in between visits.  When she was out east I could only watch her sleep once a week, and that's only if she wasn't with that douche of an ex boyfriend.  How I longed to sink my fangs into his neck and drain him.  I could have easily.  But if she would've ever found out it was me, it could cause problems between us. 

Going out on my balcony and walking over to the garden wall; I look down to her balcony and can see the lights are all out in her room.  Climbing up and over the wall I land on her balcony, waiting in my spot to make sure she didn't hear me.  When there's no movement inside I make my way to her window.  It's unlocked and I'm able to slip inside.   She's fast asleep, her long blonde hair spread over her pillow behind her while she sleeps on her side balled up.   Climbing onto the bed next to her, I take my time making sure not to disturb her.  I've longed to be this close to her for so long, and now that I have her I'll do whatever it takes to keep her.

When she took classes for business I knew this would be the easiest way to get her to the city.  She could get to know me, and get comfortable without the pressures of dating.  Even if she hadn't broken up with that asshat.  Eventually she would've.

Losing track of time while deep in my thoughts, I notice her nose scrunch, and then relax.  A few minutes later her brows furrow, and her lips pout.  She's dreaming.  She turns over onto her back, her arms push the blankets away in the process;  showing off her nearly see through  nightgown that she chose to wear.  'Holy hell!'  My self control hangs by a thread as I stare at her perky nipples that push against thin material.   I get up from the bed knowing I need to go before I do something I can't take back.  As I get to the window pulling back the curtain I hear,  "Rome....don't go Rome."  Her words have me frozen.  I turn to look back at her.  She's still asleep.  Is she dreaming of me?  A smile grows on my face, I didn't think she thought much of me yet.  I know she's attracted to me.  That was clear right off the bat, watching her clench her thighs together in my office.  And the look of disappointment when she thought I had feelings for someone else; had me internally jumping for joy.

Her movement from the corner of my eye pulls me from my thoughts.  She looks right at me, her eyes narrow trying to figure out if she really sees me or if she's still dreaming.  She blinks a few times, and starts to rub her eyes.  That's when I take my chance to make a clean getaway, closing the window behind me.  Only a few more hours till the sun comes up.  But I know it'll feel like an eternity.