Self control

After a week of being cooped up, I was chomping at the bit to get out. Granted we have spent most of the week naked and rolling in the sheets; but the need to get out is still there. Rome has had to leave a few times to go to the office for meetings and check on his business but even he is on edge just from feeling my emotions.

Today Rome finally said we'd go out together. We won't be going to the office but he promised it's better. In his words, today is testing day. He didn't give specifics but if I had to guess it's self control testing.

For the past week I've been feeding on him and blood bags. Not sure where he got them from but when the hunger hits I don't really care where it comes from.

"Aren't you afraid of someone coming after me again?" Looking through my mirror as I put my hair brush away he just shrugs.

"I haven't heard or seen anyone lurking all week. And I've had the building under heavy surveillance. There has not been one suspicious person seen." I stand as he makes his way to me. Pulling me by my hips, I crane my neck to look up at him. "Plus you'll be with me. I'm not leaving your side for even a second." He smiles as he cups my cheek and brings his lips down to mine. When he pulls away I shyly look down for a moment before looking back up through my lashes. He chuckles at my shyness, making me slap his chest.

"What's so funny?" I pout, and try to push out of his arms.

"Ouch, that actually kind of hurt." he feigns pain.

"You deserve it for laughing at me." He laughs letting his head fall backwards.

"The fact that after all this time, you can still be shy around me. I love it. So don't be mad." He kisses my forehead before taking my hand and leading me out of the bedroom.

After finally making it out of the building, we find ourselves in central park. I stand in place for a moment and close my eyes, tilting my head up to the sky. The warmth from the sun hits my face, and the breeze that blows through my hair quickly makes my shoulders sink, feeling the weight of the world fall from my body. But the smell of humans hits my senses moments later, and I can feel the slight burn in my gums. Thankfully I fed before we left, otherwise this would've been a whole other experience.

"You ok little one?" I open my eyes and look up at Romans beautiful face, covered in concern. I smile and nod my head.

"Of course, just taking it all in. It feels like I've been locked in a prison for years. " I take his hand and start to walk along the path. "The feel of the sun and breeze feels amazing. And the colors of the grass and plants....I can't get over how bright it all looks." He brings my hand that he holds in his up to his lips to kiss my knuckles, and places it so our arms are intertwined. Smiling, I look back at the path when I catch a scent that I can't place, but know it. I slow my steps when I hear a familiar voice.

"Eva? Roman?" Peter Quint. I stop and spin on the balls of my feet to see Peter in loose fitting gray sweatpants, and a tight white wife beater. Sweat drips down the sides of his face, but he's quick to pull a small towel from around his neck to wipe it off. He jogs up to us and comes to a stop and catches his breath. "Hey! how have you been?" He smiles and pulls me into a hug, kissing my cheek. I don't miss the growl that comes from Rome in my head. I glance up at Rome from over Peter's shoulder and smirk.

"Just wait till we get home." His voice matches the sinister grin he gives me.

"Don't threaten me with a good time." I say with a wink as Peter pulls away. Rome's eyes widen with surprise at my sass, but it disappears just as fast.

"Roman," Peter turns, putting his hand out to shake Romes. "Took the day off I see?" Rome nods, and gives his signature sly smile. His perfect white teeth are on full display.