Leader of the pack

"You will never be alone again."

"You're right about that."  A deep voice speaks from behind me. Romes arms tighten around me. I turn to see who it is. My eyes lock on his.

"He's part of Peter's pack. His beta." I mind link Rome. 

"Your Peter's Beta. I saw you in the pack house that day." He nods taking a cautious step forward "you kept trying to talk him into being truthful with me."  I pat Romes hand to make him let go of me.

"Yeah, I'm Michael. I knew he wasn't being honest about things. But I had no idea he'd gone as far as he had with everything. I didn't know about your parents or his scheme with the red head. He never let me sit in on his meetings with her."   I watch him. His stance is straight, his shoulders squared like a soldier.  His face doesn't seem to be hiding anything. His eyes never stray from mine. 

"I believe you. After everything I heard that day, if you had known I'm sure you would've been against it."  His eyes shift from me for the first time. I follow his eyes to Peter.  Looking back at Michael he doesn't look mad. He looks sad. He lost his best friend. But his friend was a dipshit that got himself killed. 

"I didn't know about your parents. I mean I knew they were murdered, but we always thought it was a rogue.  We didn't know you survived. Not until recently."

"You didn't know he kept me safe?  That he was my neighbor for most of my life?"  Michael shakes his head and looks back up at me with furrowed brows.

"He told us that he had just found you and that you were his second chance mate.  You were  to be our Luna."  As he says that his two other pack members walk in.

"Luna."  The blonde one says and they both bow their heads.  I wave my hands.

"No, no. I'm not your Luna. And I killed your alpha so I definitely can't be your Luna." I look to Rome for help but he looks as surprised as I am.

"Well technically your dad was second in command. And if something ever happened to the alpha he would've taken over. Our alpha was playing a dangerous game and lost. Your dad would've passed you the pack." They all three look at each other.

"But what about Peter's dad?  Wouldn't he take back over till the proper alpha was ready? Or Michael you are the second in command now. It should be you." He shakes his head waving his hands in front of himself.

"I am not strong enough to lead this pack. I don't even know how I was second in charge."  he points his finger back at the blonde.  "Technically Leo should've been second in command. But for some reason Peter fought it."  I smirk looking between the both of them.

"I know why. Leo was strong enough to fight him, not just physically but mentally as well. He's not a push over. He wouldn't have been able to hide anything from him, no offense Michael." 

"None taken. You're  right." I look back at Leo and cross my arms.

"So are you willing to take this on?  I'll pass it on to you.  As your Luna and leader of the pack, I would be stepping down and I would acknowledge you as the Alpha of our pack. Can we do that?"  I look back and forth between them.  Leo steps forward and kneels before me bowing his head for a moment and then looks up at me.

"I would be honored Luna."  I nod my head once and he stands back up.

"What do we need to do to make this official?"

"We will gather the pack. Introduce you and have a ceremony of you passing it to me. I will explain what happened to the alpha and how he put our whole pack in danger and nobody even knew it."  I look down rubbing my chin. Something else is bothering me, and not making sense at all.