Roman

Romans POV

"Do you think I could have a moment of Eva's time, alone?" This mother fucker has the audacity. I told him the last time he was in my office that she was off limits and here he is asking for her time? I know what he wants to ask.

"No." I tell her through the bond. "Of course, Peter." Is she kidding me? "I'll be right back." She tries to step away, but I'm faster and pull her back to face me.

"Don't be long." My voice is deep and warning. She knows I don't like this. She smiles and nods before walking away.

I watch them carefully. I can hear everything being said, they both know it. He makes mention of her eyes, knowing full well why they have changed. He knows what I am, and must know that I've changed her.

He lays the act of being nervous on thick to try and get her to make her drop her guard. And being the sweet angel she is, she falls for it. Resting her hand on his arm to try and calm him. His eyes shift from her hand to her eyes. BINGO!

"SHIT!" I hear her through the mind link. "No,no,no,no, please don't take it that way!" I bite the inside of my cheek to keep myself from laughing.

It's not that I doubt her feelings for me. Even if she wasn't my mate I have no doubt that we could be together. I worry about him. I've known him far longer than he realizes. He was her neighbor for a long time. While I kept my eye on her, I also had my eye on everyone around her. He stalked her and she had no idea. She also has no idea that he's a shifter. And not one of the "story book" ones that can only shift during the full moon. No, he can shift whenever he feels like it.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him point at me. I guess she gave him the news. I perk up my hearing to listen in on them.

"I guess it was just fate." I look down at my shoes and smile to myself. It was fate alright baby girl.

She tries to walk away and he grabs her arm pulling her closer. I rush over not because I'm afraid he'll hurt her. No, she's stronger than any shifter. I'm afraid she'll get to close and suck him dry. Today was test day. Testing her self control. I can feel she's in a trance and ready to sink her teeth into him. she suddenly stops herself and shakes the fog from her mind as I get to her and pull her too me. He breasts rest against my lower ribs, heaving up and down. I tighten my left arm around her waist, and examine her wrist with my free hand.

"Are you ok Angel?" I hear her heart flutter, at my pet name for her. I make a mental note to use it more. She nods her head to say yes. I bend down and lock my eyes on her as I press my lips to her wrist. I can hear her breathing hitch. I mentally high five myself knowing the effect I have on her. And immediately I can smell her arousal. "Mmmm, Babygirl." 'All for me?' I ask in her mind and she smiles trying to hide her face. Just as I have smelt her I hear a growl from Quint. He has most likely caught her scent as well. Tough shit buddy, only I get to bathe in her sweet smell. Before things get out of hand I push her behind me and decide it's time to end this shit and leave. "If you ever touch her again, in any way; I'll rip your throat out." A devious smile grows on his face to answer my threat. Eva gets between us and starts to push me back.

"Remember what I said Princess, I'll get it soon." I narrowed my eyes on him. What the fuck does that mean? I'll be sure to ask her once we are back home.

And then I'll fuck the shit out of her as her punishment for being sassy earlier.