Return of the ex

"Eva? It's Jake."  Fuck me.  This was not the call I was expecting.

"Why are you calling me Jake?"  My tone is cold, but he deserves it.

"I'm down stairs and they won't let me up.  I wanted to visit you."  He sounds pissed, and it makes me smile.  I'm glad they won't let him up.

"I'm working Jake, I don't have time for useless visits.  I don't think my new boss would appreciate it."  Speak of the devil. As if he knew the call was coming, Rome walks into the office with the client file in his hand.

"Can I take you to lunch then?  I'll wait outside for you."  As if Rome can hear what Jake is saying, he shakes his head.

"No, Jake.  I already have lunch plans. Plus, we have nothing to talk about anyway.  Thanks for stopping by though.  I've got to go."   Not giving Jake a chance to argue back I hang up the phone.  I let out a sigh before looking up.  "I'm sorry about that.  I won't make a habit of having personal phone calls during work hours.  And I definitely won't have any other visitors."  He makes his way over to me with a little grin on his face.  I stand up straight fiddling with my fingers, and biting my bottom lip.

"Hey, look at me."  His hand  brushes my hair behind my ear, and rests on my neck as his thumb caresses my jaw.   I look up into his eyes and a beautiful smile grows on his face. It's contagious and I can't help but return it.  "There it is." His hand slips from my jaw and holds my chin between his thumb and index. "You're allowed to get phone calls baby girl.  I just never want to see you upset.  If that's going to be the case, then I'll deny you personal calls."  I chuckle and nod my head.

"Okay, Rome."   He dips his head down and kisses my forehead.

"My next client isn't for a few hours, how about we go get something to eat?"  I was gonna try to turn him down nicely when my stomach had other ideas; and decided to growl at the mention  of eating.  He looks down at my stomach and chuckles.

"Sure, let me just clean up the conference room first."  I try to walk away, when his hand shoots out to hold my wrist.  I look from his hand to his face and he's shaking his head.

"It can wait.  Get your bag and lets go."  He's the boss, so I do as he says.    I get my bag and wait for him by the private elevator. "We'll go down to the lobby.  I have the driver already waiting out front."  My brows raise, as I approach him by the open glass door.

"Oh okay."   As I walk out he's right beside me, closer than usual, with his hand on my lower back.

"Heather, Miss. Miranda and I will be at lunch.  Please take any messages, and we'll collect them when we get back."  His cold tone is back, making me feel bad.  Heather nods, but says nothing else.  Her eyes concentrate on his hand on my back.  I try to step away, but he grabs my hip looking down at me with furrowed brows.  I bring my closed fist to my mouth as I cough to clear my throat and motion over to Heather with my eyes. Rome has no shits to give about her watching.

The elevator dings, altering us that the doors are opening.  He guides me in first, so I press the lobby button, and step back.  When the doors close, I'm spun to face him.  He picks me up and presses me to the wall.  My legs wrap around him, on instinct causing my dress to rise up my thighs.  "Rome! What are you doing?"  His face dips down to my neck.  He brushes his nose down to the crook of my neck, and presses a soft kiss to it before brushing his lips up to my ear.

"Please don't ever step away from me again, little one. I don't care who's looking. " He presses a kiss behind my ear, before brushing his lips along the shell of my ear. "I'll fire anyone who has a problem with it..  Understand?"  My body is on fire, and my breathing is shallow.  His warm breath giving me goosebumps all over.

"Y-yes, Rome.  I understand." I manage to get out somehow without moaning  as he licks down my neck and lightly sucks on my sweet spot.  I feel his lips spread as he smiles against my neck at my words.

"Good girl."  He pulls me away from the wall, and lets me slide down to my feet.  He helps me pull my skirt back down, as I smooth it out.  Just in time for the doors to open.  This time he doesn't guide me, he takes my hand in his walking beside me.  It's weird, I should feel embarrassed but instead I feel something else.  Safe?  Cared for?

As I look around, nobody dares to look our way.  When I look up at him his face is cold and serious until he looks down at me and it lightens, with a half smile.  He winks at me causing me to blush.  I smile and look down trying to hide it.  As we make our way out of the front doors I see his car parked out front. Just a few feet from the car I hear my name called.

"Eva!" I hear Jake's voice, and My whole body goes rigid. I stumble a bit, when I feel a buzz in my head.

"Just keep walking." I hear it in my head, the voice sounding like Romes.   I do as he says and walk right to the back door, opening it myself.  Taking Rome's hand as he helps me get in.  I slide over so he can get right in after.  I can hear Jake's footsteps get close as Rome closes the door.

"Drive."