Eva

Getting into the elevator with Rome, I open and close my fist. Stretching out the knuckles. It hurts like a mother, but nothings broken. I may have just jammed the knuckle of my middle finger. I had taken self defense in high school. Something Jake must have forgotten. So I know how to throw a punch without breaking my thumb like a lot of girls tend to do.

Rome stands infront of me and takes my hand in his. "Do you trust me?" my brows come together as I look up at him.

"Of course I do."

"I need you to take a deep breath, and close your eyes." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I feel his fingers wrap around my middle one and as I let out the breath he yanks it.

"AH!" I look down as tears prick my eyes. He fixed my jammed knuckle. He brings it to his lips to kiss the knuckle.

"I'm sorry, baby.  It needed to be done. It'll feel a lot better now.  We just need to get ice on it." When the elevator doors open Heather is sitting at her desk, looking very surprised.

"oh you're both back? Is everything ok?" Why wouldn't we both be back?

"Yes Heather we are both back. Now get back to work." Cold as ever he ushers me back to our office. I walk towards my desk when he scoops me up and carries me toward his. Walking behind his desk he sits me on top letting my feet dangle as he sits in his chair. From his bottom draw he pulls out a first aid kit and places it next to me.

"What do you think doc? Will I live?" He smirks as he takes out an ice pack, and squeezes it cracking whatever is inside that makes it cold.

"Yeah, I think you'll make it. But I think your boxing career is done." He places the ice pack on top of my hand and holds it there for me.

"Something is up with Heather." Rome's eyes spring up to mine.

"I know. I just don't know what." He looks back at my hand, taking the ice pack off to check the swelling and then putting it back.

"You do have a computer security guy in the building right?" He nods his head. "Can they pull up phone calls that go in and out of the building too?"

"Yes, of course. Why?" I think I know what's going on but I need proof.

"Get him on the phone for me please." I take my hand from Romes, and hold the ice pack on myself. Rome picks up his desk phone and hands me the receiver while he dials the dept number.

"Tech security and support, this is Dan."

"Hi Dan, this is Eva, Mr. Reign's assistant. How are you today?" Rome smirks at my polite greeting.

"Oh, Good afternoon Miss. Miranda! How can I help you?"

"I need you to Look into Heather, Mr. Reigns receptionist. I need a list of phone calls in and out from her desk for the past two days. And just to cover any other bases, her emails as well. And keep this to yourself." Rome sits back in his chair, bringing his prayer hands up and resting his finger tips against his lips.

"You got it Miss. Miranda I'll get that to you shortly."

"Thank you very much Dan." I lean over, hanging up the phone.

"You are very sexy when your giving out orders." Rome says leaning forward, his hands rub up and down my calves. I shake my head with a smile.

"You are out of your mind, now let me get down. Your next meeting is in 15 min. and I still have to clean up the conference room." He rolls back a bit in his chair allowing me to stand up. But his arms wrap around my back side, and he rests his head against my stomach before I can walk away. I cradle his head in my hand as my other rubs his back.