Mind f*ck

"I need to speak with Luna Ava for a moment alone. It's confidential business." Leo says once we are in the house. I start to walk when Rome grasps my wrist spinning me back into his arms. My chest pressed to his

"Don't take too long." He presses his lips to mine. His kiss is always full of passion and always leaves me breathless. I back away smiling up at him.

"Yes daddy." I smirk as he hums. I can feel eyes on me belonging to the others before I even turn around.

"Ahem," Leo clears his throat.

"Coming Leo." We make our way back to my new office. "So what is this about?" I ask sitting in one of the seats in front of my desk next to Leo.

"I don't know how to tell you what I'm about to say but you need to know. And I'd rather you found out from me than someone else."

"Please just tell me. I know it has something to do with Abel." He sinks back in his seat and brushes his hands over his face. "What is he to me? I feel the connection to him. Is he a brother or a cousin?" He watch's me before shaking his head.

"No nothing like that. But if you're feeling the connection then You should already know." I lean forward and rest my forehead on my hands. I brush my fingers through my hair holding it at the roots looking up at him.

"If you guys are trying to fuck with me the way Peter did I swear I'll kill you both." He puts his hands up in surrender crossing them back and forth and starts shaking his head.

"No I swear Ava-Luna Ava." He stumbles over his words. "Besides you saw everyone's face when you announced Abel as Gama. Because they know as well. I told you, everyone thought you were dead. The only one who believed you were still alive was Abel. He would've felt it right away if you were dead. He searched for you for 20 years. He refused to give up. That's why nobody interfered when you killed Peter." My jaws slacked and my eyes and brain are just all over the place.

"How do I know you're not lying? How does everyone know about this? H-how-how" my brain is shutting down and Leo knows it. In a flash he's kneeling down in front of me grabbing my hands. I feel him give a light squeeze.

"Ava. Ava! Breathe, just breathe. I'll answer whatever questions I can. But some of them only Abel can answer." Just then the door swings open and in rushes Abel with Rome following behind.

"Abel she's fine I'd know if some..thing " Romes voice can be heard and dies off as he walks in seeing my state. I look to Abel. kneeling down next to Leo and then back to Rome.

"I told him I knew something was wrong." I look Abel in the eyes. "He wouldn't believe me." His soft look hardens when he looks over at Rome. My mouth still open my brows raised and pinched. My eye slowly drag over to Rome.

"I, I, I". My mouth opens and closes a few times.

"Ava," Abel's voice brings me back. He places his hand on mine and every muscle in me relaxes. "Take a walk with me and I can explain everything." I look to Rome and his eyes are bouncing between Abel and I.

"Ok but just give me a minute with my mate please." Abel's jaw clenches and he nods his head and leaves with Leo in tow. Once the door closes I'm on my feet rushing to Rome and jumping into his open arms.

"What happened my little one ?" He whispers next to my head.

"Leo, he said that Abel is my real shifter mate. That when everyone else believed I was dead he was the only one who refused to stop looking for me. For 20 years. That's why everyone got quiet when I announce him as my Gama. Because the whole pack knows it." He pulls his head back and I look up at him tears poor down my face. His brow pinched.