The pack part 2

I had told Andrew I would reconsider giving up my Luna title. Ive thought long and hard about it all week. Even now as Rome drive us to the pack house I'm still thinking about it. 

Being apart of something my parents had planned to bring me up in isn't an easy thing to walk away from. But, I'm sure they didn't think I'd be mates to a vampire. Would they even accept him?   Will the pack accept me as part vampire and not full shifter? Would they follow me?  Do I even want to be a leader? These are the things my head is filled with.

The car coming to a stop pulls me from my thoughts; I lift my head and look around. Michael, Leo, and the third wolf from the counsels meeting stand on the front steps waiting. I make a mental note to find out the third man's name if he isn't introduced to me this time around.

Rome walks around the car and opens my door, extending his hand to me. Taking it, I step out facing my pack mates and wait for him. He closes the door before standing beside me placing his hand on the small of my back. This slight touch give me enough support and courage to start walking.

"Welcome Luna." Leo is the first to speak and they all bow their heads. "Roman. I hope you were able to find the place alright?" I relax just a bit knowing that they are at least trying to be respectful to my mate. I look to Rome to gauge his feelings. He's stoic as always.

"Leo. Yes the drive was fine. No issues." Good enough I guess. Not cold but not the friendliest either.

"You remember Michael? And this is Abel, I don't think you were formally introduced last time." I smile and extend my hand.

"Hello Michael. And no there wasn't much time to squeeze in introductions last time." I turn to Abel to shake his hand. "Nice to see you again Abel. Under better circumstances that is." He bows his head when I step in front of him.

"Very nice to see you as well Luna." He steps forward to shake my hand and I catch his scent. It's familiar, and sweet. I can't put my finger on it. When he raises his head I hear a voice as our eye meet.

"Remember"

His eyes flicker from brown to gold. It happened so fast that if I would've blinked I'd have missed it. When his hand touches mine there's a hum between us. Something flashes in my mind. My eyes are open looking at Abel but it's like the flash is behind my eyes, as if a projector is playing behind them and everything I saw around him a moment ago has changed. There's a grassy field behind him, with wildflowers here and there. And as quick as it came it's gone. I close my eyes and shake my head for a second. When I look back at Abel his brows are furrowed. He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off before he can draw attention to me.

"I wish we would've met for the first under different circumstances". The others didn't notice anything as they keep talking about the drive and the weather. Abel releases my hand keep eye contact.

"The first time we met was different." He says quiet enough for only me to hear. I tilt my head, but he says nothing as I feel Romes hand find the small of my back.

"Shall we all go inside?" I look up at Rome his eyes on Leo.

"Yes, there's a few others to meet." Leo says from behind.

We walk in and the place looks deserted.

"No ones around today?" I ask full of curiosity.

"They're waiting for you out back." I hear Abel a few steps behind.

Before they take me to meet everyone Leo brings us to an office. On the big mahogany door it says alpha. This was Peter's office. I walk in behind Leo. Rome, Michael and Abel follow behind me. I walk over to the desk taking a seat in front of it. I cross my legs and smooth down my shirt. When I look up everyone is staring at me. I look from one to the other. "What?" Meeting Abel's eyes he looks from me to the big leather seat behind the desk and back at me. He motions to it with his head and I finally get it. "Oh!" I whisper yell. I get up and sit behind the desk and place my hands palms down on the table. Once every one is satisfied they find their seats around me. Leo is to my right, Michael is in front of me, Rome is to my left and for some reason Abel sits on the window sill to my far left.