Damini brings laep (medicinal paste) for Rudra

Do vote on the chapters guys!!!!!!

Rudra POV -

I had a thousand butterflies in my stomach. The calm composure I had for a prahar took a turn into a nervous meet. I hadn't noticed her come in. Only when we walked to the benches did I notice her sitting there near my dagger.....I didn't know what came into my mind....I thought I saw her checking me out....The nervousness and embarrassment when I realised she would see me all drenched in sweat, vanished. I took that as a signal and flirted with her. I never did anything like that. Her smell drove me crazy....I guess I had started developing this need to be near her....I couldn't help it. And more than that....I loved the effect I was having on her.....She would get all flustered and shy whenever I teased or flirted with her. And what enchanted me even more was her concern for me....She was right...I did get a pretty nasty cut on my arm....but that was nothing compared to the other wounds I had endured....and she was worried about it....A stupid grin had formed on my face by the time I walked to my room. The guards on the entrance stood in attention and bowed...I acknowledged them with a smile.

I entered the room...closed the door behind me and kept the sword on the stool. I removed my warrior sandals and kept it nearby....and walked directly into the changing area. I fished the entire medicinal cabinet for the herbs to prepare a paste for the cut on my arm. Since I was not in the kingdom for more than a year....I wasn't able to restock it. The remaining items were used up to prepare the ointment for her....I sighed...I had to take a trip to the Ayuralay and the market to restock it.

I took out a fresh piece of white cloth. Gripping one end in my teeth, I wrapped the cloth around the wound and tied a knot. I couldn't risk getting it wet. I made a move to remove the tunic....I winced...the cut stung....same with the vest. I removed the dhoti and got into the pool. I washed myself thoroughly by applying the sandalwood paste and washed my hair.... careful not to touch the wound. I finished my bath....tied the towel around the waist....I picked and wore a vest and a sleeveless maroon kurta. I wore a white dhoti with gold borders. The wound had started stinging even more. I decided to get the wound dressed after lunch.

I was drying my hair...half dry...thinking of the ingredients I needed to restock....when I heard a pair of Jhanjar. I heard them nearing the changing room. I turned to the door...there she was. In pretty bright yellow lehenga. She was simple dressed. I looked at her, head to toe...I noticed her holding a bowl infront of her.

Rajkumarisa....Aap yaha? Koi kaarya tha?, she snapped out of what seemed like a trance...where she kept staring at me....I was quite handsome...no doubt...

Ji....woh....I prepared a medicinal paste for your wound on your arm....That looked quite deep. Leaving it longer might lead to infections...so I thought it be best if I prepared the paste and brought it here....she said and added timidly....Kya hua Kunwarisa...aap humein aise kyon dekh rahe hai...? looking timidly at my face and my wound. I guess the blank expression on my face concerned her. I stood rooted on my spot....just staring at her intently...I softly aasked her

Ye laep aapne hamare liye banaya hai? kyon? I questioned her. She looked confused. Then replied

Aap hamesha sabkeliye sab kuch karte hai.....Aapke parivaar main sabki khushi ki chinta karte hai....aur avashya aap swayam par dhyaan kam dete honge....isliye...main...yeh laep laayi hoon...I could just look at her....wide eyed. She'd surprise me in various ways in the future...but this...this felt different....No one had ever thought so much about me....let alone a princess...but now here she was....innocently standing in my room...holding the paste....I just let out long sigh....except....this wasn't painful....It was......relieving. But I wasn't used to this....It felt wierd....different. Why did you go through so much trouble....that too....for me?