Damini's fears and realisation

Saudamini POV- 

I felt giddy. I was still struggling to calm my racing heartbeats. She was intoxicating. Her touch was electrifying. What was she doing to me? Her shoulders felt so strong. If she decided, she could just haul me up by her one hand and pick me up. I giggled at the thought. But Bhaisa and Kunwarisa were in a deep discussion when she collided with me. And they left abruptly too. At this time in the morning.....something was going on. But they made it a point to keep it a secret.

I walked back to my room, where Kritika was folding the comforters. Kritika, come. Let's go to the Mandir and offer our prayers. No one is up yet, so we can pray in peace and get on with the day.

Ji Rajkumarisa, she said and we went to the Mandir.

Pranaam Grurji....Pandit Ji, I bent down to touch their feet and so did Kritika. Sadaa khush raho, he blessed the two of us.

Pandit Ji....Simha isn't here today? Guruji asked Pandit Ji. 

I don't know Guruji, she should've been here by now. She's never late, Pandit Ji wondered. I decided to stay quiet. They intended to keep whatever was happening a secret, it shall be so.

We'll wait for her for a while, shall we? Guruji asked Pandit ji.

Uski koi avashyaktha nahi hogi, Guruji, I heard a voice behind me, which creeped me out. My skin crawled at his voice. I turned to look at him. Prince Arjan took slow steps towards all of us, malice evident in his eyes, with a crooked smile. I cringed at his steps. I moved out of his way. The memory of our encounter in the corridor came flashing in front of my mind. My heart raced out of angst. I could feel his eyes on me, but I determinedly looked at the Shivling infront of us, silently praying to Mahakal to protect Kritika and I. He came and halted beside me.

Pranaam, Rajkumari sa, he addressed smiling creepily at me. I merely glanced and nodded at him. Itna krodh....he muttered looking at me. Kinthu isi adaa pe hamara hriday aa gaya hai, Rajkumarisa, he said weirdly. A shiver ran down my spine out of fear as he came a step closer to me, I moved towards Kritika, tightly clutching her hand. She put her arm across my shoulder protectively throwing him a dirty stare. He scoffed.

Avashyaktha kyon nahi hai, Kumar Arjan? Guru ji's voice echoed through the hall, giving me a sense of security. He moved forward with folded hands, he said humbly, but malice seeping through his very words.

Bhagwan ko prateeksha karwayenge toh unka krodh hum par utrega, Guruji. Agar Kunwarisa nahi aayi Aaj toh koibaat nahi! Main hoon na, main karunga Rudrabhishek, he declared. Guruji and Panditji exchanged looks.

Karne denge na aap mujhe, Panditji.... He asked Pandit ji and he gulped in fear.... He was struggling for words when.

Uski avashyaktha nahi hai! Kumar Arjan!!! Her voice echoed through the temple. My heart fluttered hearing to her voice. I turned around to a majestic view.

Kunwarisa walked regally, clad in a white Dhoti and white Angavastram, only her right shoulder visible. Her strides oozed confidence, I turned to look at Price Arjan whose face contorted into Fury. I turned to look at her approaching us. She looked at me and gave me a wide smile. Butterflies erupted in my stomach looking at her face, adorned with a few strands of hair, half of them tied to a bun, the other half flowing freely. She sported a tilak which completed her ensemble. Bhadra bhaisa was following her.

She walked past us, but not before giving me a wink. I smiled timidly at her. Pranaam Guruji.... Pranam Pandit ji, she bent down to touch their feet. I could already see the relief wash over Panditji's face, Guruji looked at her proudly. She turned around to look at Arjan and said