The Invite to the Library

Rudra POV -

I felt weak, immensely weak. Never had I felt like this ever. After being shot by the Agnibaan, I regained consciousness, and was scared out of my wits, how long was I unconscious for, did I lose my chance at love?? Was it days... Months....years....i didn't know, but slowly, when I saw my parents... siblings and her....I realised it hadn't been long, just 7 days, but those 7 days were excruciatingly painful for them.

Bapusa said it was because of Damini that I was alive, not at the brink of death. I owed her my life. She was already the motivation for my life....now she was the reason I was alive. We couldn't be more perfect for each other. On the day I regained consciousness, she promised me to confess her love in the library. That strengthened my resolve to get better soon.

And I threw myself into that. After that day, the RajGurujis team was back by night with the antidote for the Agnibaan. They immediately started administering the medicine to me. Soon I started to feel better. With every passing day, I was starting to get better. It had been almost 20 days since the attack and 2 weeks of regaining consciousness, but I hadn't ventured out of my room yet, not even the balcony.

To make sure I didn't feel left out, all my siblings and Bhadra and Everyone had decided to plan and prepare for the wedding in my chamber itself for most of the time. So everyone's presence felt refreshing in the room. I felt I was a part of the prep despite the fact that I wasn't in a position to help out at the moment. It was during that time I came to know that Bhaisa and Bhabhisa had decided to postpone the wedding

No way bhaisa, you are not postponing the wedding at any cost, not for me.

But Simha......we cannot think of the wedding without you.....and... You, Bhaisa protested.

Yes Simha, Shourya ji is right, we cannot have the wedding if you're not there. And you haven't recovered completely either, Bhabhisa supported Bhaisa.

I got up and rested my back against the pillows. Saudamini supported me while doing that .... Holding my arms and helping me get up. I was surprised since she was very shy of displaying affection towards me in public, I raised an eyebrow at her, she smiled cutely and let go of my arm almost immediately.

Bhaisa...bhabhisa, I'll be completely fine by your wedding...... Infact I'm already better now, you don't need to postpone your wedding for me..... It'll make me feel bad and guilty.....i said adamantly

But.....Simha......bhaisa protested but I cut him off

No Bhaisa, aapko meri saugandh, agar aapne vivah ko aage Kiya toh, I declared.

Bhabhisa and bhaisa exchanged defeated looks. After contemplating for a while, they agreed to have the wedding on the set date itself, i was relieved. No one should compromise on their happiness for me ..... Never.

So the wedding preparations had to be done with double the pace, since the postponed wedding had been preponed to the original date.

And so on, the wedding preparations went on in full swing.

As for me, my recovery was going remarkably well. I felt a little tired in the beginning, but with time, I felt a lot better. Bapus had strictly ordered me to not exert myself and also had placed 4 bodyguards for my protection. I had tried convincing him that there is no necessity for it, but he didn't listen to me, so I decided to talk to him after a few days.

Saudamini played a vital role in my recovery. From giving me medicines to tending to my wounds, she would do everything. I insisted many times that she should go and get ready for the wedding since it was nearing but she didn't listen. For some reason, I didn't fight her on it, I liked her near me... The feel of her hands on me.... Her intoxicating fragrance... Her sweet face and most importantly.... Her timid attitude and gestures were drawing me towards her.....