Gathering at the royal temple

Rudra POV-

She gazed at me mustering all her courage...and ran from there. Blush evident on her cheeks. I did what she asked me to do. Talk my heart. At that moment, that is what my heart said, she looked gorgeous and I told her that. I could hear the Jhanjhars echoing in the corridor, slowly fading away as she ran from there. My heart smiled at the effect I had on her. A subconscious smile formed on my lips and I turned to the vast expanse of the garden, leaned in on the railing, closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath. It felt different.....I felt different....I felt a lot lighter...a burden off my chest. I smiled and stood there for a few moments.

I made my way into my room and prepared the ointment for her. It was a quick prep. I always had all the necessary ingredients in my shelf. Guruji had taught us to prepare such pastes swiftly, within a few minutes...incase of an emergency and it was coming in handy. I quickly prepared the laep and called an attendee, Give this to Rajkumari Saudamini once she comes back to the chamber after the celebrations. The attendant nodded and left. I washed my hands and left for the maha-aangan. When I entered the hall, I noticed her looking longingly at the entrance, and the moment she saw me, she smiled. I smiled back at her and gave her a wink. She blushed furiously. All night, I met with many relatives, neighboring kings and guests....all the while stealing glances at her frequently and she was doing that too....even during dinner.

Finally, we retired to our rooms. The bath had been prepared for me. I removed my angrakha and dhoti, wore a plain bathing dhoti and stepped in the pool. I washed myself and relaxed into, tilting my head back lazily while stretching my arms at the slab nearby. I closed my eyes and visions of her beautiful face under the moonlight....small changes on her face....her expressions...the concern in her eyes.....for me flashed infront of my closed eyes. I didn't realise how long I was in the pool, but I snapped out of it, came to to changing area, changed my clothes to a simple white kurta for night-wear. I sat down on the bed and released a long breath. I pushed the comforter aside and slipped inside it comfortably. I closed my eyes but everytime I tried sleeping, all I could see were flashes of the moments we spent in that corridor, alone....just us. Her face smiled at me. Sleep came with difficulty...nevertheless...it finally did.

My eyes fluttered open. I drowsily looked out of my balcony, the sky was still dark with first hues of rising sun. I pushed the comforters aside and poot my foot down. I walked towards the balcony and took in the fresh air. It was cold outside, but it was pleasant. The breeze broke the remaining sleep in my eyes and I felt fresh. I asked the attendees to get my bath ready. I didn't like anyone helping me with the bath, so I thanked them and they left. I walked into the changing area and stood infront of the mirror. Most of the scars had healed. The one on my neck was still tender. My hair had grown a bit so I decided to chop it off a bit. I like my hair in layers, length just till the junction of my neck and shoulder. Since gurukul, I always had short hair, it wasn't a choice, but necessity back then, with all my practice it was convenient, and easy to maintain. So I decided to keep it permanently; Long enough to tie a bun, short enough so that it doesn't hinder my lifestyle. I wore the bath dhoti, removed my night wear and took a bath and washed my hair.

I tied the dhoti around my waist and drying my hair with a towel. My abs were defined, maybe it was genetic, but either way, I was grateful. I had a muscular build, broad shoulders and strong defined arms. My breasts were just slightly perky, not like regular ones. A tight fit vest was enough to flatten them, make them virtually non existent. I wore the tight vest and on it, a sleeveless off white tunic and a white dhoti and a white angavastram. My hair was lightly wet, and I let it dry naturally. I applied a red tika and I walked to the temple in the palace. There was still time to the sunrise, the palace was still empty, just a few attendants...running early morning errands. I went to the temple and saw guruji and brahman devta who is the priest of the temple.