IMAGINATION OR REALITY?

Cameron's pov

My heart just sank the moment she said that.

"Wh..why?",I stuttered as an image of Tyler popped in my head.

"Because, that is your weakness. If you fall in love, Lucas will know that you are in love with this guy and he would try to hurt the guy you loved. You might even start imagining about him. Remember,Lucas could change his appearance and he might change himself into Tyler. And this would lead you to death because you'll do anything for love", Darcy said. "But, you can fall in love after you had destroyed Lucas." Darcy said again in a soft tone. I smiled wearily and placed my palms over my face as if I could brush off all the words Darcy had said from my head.

"Is...is that it?", I whispered.

"Yes. And if you need help, you can come here anytime and clap your hands three times and blow the wild flower that is growing here", Darcy said plucking a wild flower from the root of the tree where we are sitting.

"Goodbye Cameron. Take care. Do not tell this to anyone. Don't let Lucas get you. And also do not say one word to anybody about on how to call me. Not even Lucas. Till then", Darcy said and gave me a sweet smile. She then disappeared and the fairies, pixies and all the other magical creature were gone too. I sighed and walked back towards my house. As I reached my house, I glanced up to Tyler's bedroom and all I could see was his light yellow curtain covering the window with his room light switched on. Why is Tyler still awake? Curiosity was killing me but I decided to brush it off my shoulders. I went into my house and went into my bedroom. I could hear Dad snoring loudly in his bedroom. I decided to call it a night and went to bed.

................................
The next morning, I woke up with a start. I don't know what woke me but I'm sure I heard something. Something fell with a loud thump. I got up and opened my room door.

"Dad? Are you there?", I shouted waiting for Dad's reply. But there was no reply. He went to work early today. I must be imagining it. I tried to convince myself and went back into my room. The time is now 6.30a.m which is really early in the morning. I tried going back to bed but I just can't. When I was about to fall asleep, I woke up again with a loud thump downstairs. This time, I'm sure that I wasn't imagining it. I grabbed hold of my baseball bat which I use to keep it beside my bed for safety. I quietly tipped- toed downstairs. I could hear someone is moving downstairs. I am really scared. Today is my last day. I thought to myself. I shuddered at the thought of me being stabbed at the back with a knife. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I could see a shadow walking past in the living room. That's it. Time to get rid of this guy. I was behind him when I swung my bat towards the stranger's head. But the stranger felt my presence and he skilfully avoided my hit. I gasped and tugged the bat from the stranger but the guy was too strong for me and he pulled the bat away. Dead. I'm definitely dead now. I thought to myself. The stranger walked towards me and put both of his hands on my shoulder. The guy was about to say something but I slapped him right on his face and I switched on the light.

"What the hell?!" I shouted,surprised at the guy who is standing in front of me, with his palm over his cheek where I'd slapped him. "What in the world are you doing in my house,Tyler?!" I exclaimed still surprised.

I was going to ring your house bell but no one responded because your house bell was broken I guess. And the door was not locked so I decided to come in. I'm really sorry", Tyler said apologetically.

"You could've just called me." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Since when did I have your phone number? Tyler asked me with one of his eyebrows raised.

"Right. But why are you here now?"

"Well I'm not so sure that you would believe me but there is someone in my house. It wasn't mom because she...umm..she went to...to work. So I heard noises and I was scared so I thought I could ask you for help. To you know...call the cops or something 'cause my phone battery died and I forgot to charge my phone", Tyler said in a serious tone.