THE FIRE AND SIXTH SECRET UNRAVELED

Cameron's pov

I said nothing and stared ahead. Am I overreacting? Josh just kissed you. Yeah I know but did I like the kiss? I think you liked it. No! I don't like it! Oh, yes. You liked it. Please shut the hell up!

"Are you going to tell us what's wrong or what?" Russell pestered. I sighed and told them about Tyler to Josh from A to Z.

"You know there's nothing wrong with kissing Josh right? I mean you're obviously not even with Tyler so you can kiss anyone you like. Nobody's stopping you", Meggie said. I nodded. What Meggie said was right but why do I feel so wrong kissing him? It actually feels right. You liked the kiss. Oh, please shut up! I shouldn't have kissed him back. I should pull away! Why didn't I pull away at the first place? Arghhh!! I should forget about it.

"You know.....you shouldn't leave Josh like that. You should at least said something like, 'Why did you kiss me?' or 'What just happened?' and then laugh. Just make the situation less awkward. Or maybe ask him out", Russell said giving me the reassuring smile. I nodded.

"Yeah. I should've done that. I should apologize to him. For being rude. Everything happened so fast. And also that was my first kiss so....I didn't know what to do", I confessed.

"Yeah I think you should do that. Anyway, I'm tired and thanks for pulling me out from the party. I wasn't having much fun. No hot boys wanna be with me", Russell said and sighed. We laughed and turned up the radio. We sang along with the song that's playing on the radio. I sent Meggie and Russell home. The car was very quiet after they went home. I switched off the music because I didn't feel like hearing them after my friends went home. As I reached home, I saw Dad's car parked in front of my house. I got out from my car and went into my house. I saw Dad was sitting in the living room in the couch with his laptop. He heard me and turned to me. I smiled and sat beside him in the couch.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked Dad resting my head on his shoulder.

"Decided to finish my work today. So did you had fun at the party?" Dad asked. He knew because I left him a note on the refrigerator.

"I had a blast", I said truthfully. "I'm going up to my room. Goodnight Dad", I said and kissed him on the cheek.

"Goodnight honey. Oh yeah. Your mom called me just now. She said she called you in the afternoon."

"Yeah. She called me," I said. Dad nodded and looked at me for a split second.He looked quite sad and there were dark eye circles under his eyes. He must be really tired and stressed up. I went upstairs to my room. I took a long hot bath and changed into my comfortable pj's. I wasn't sleepy so I took a book from the bookshelf and read it.

...............................................

My eyes were drooping shut after an hour of reading. I decided to sleep and placed the book on my bedside table. Suddenly I felt thirsty. I thought of having a glass of water. I opened the door and the house was pitch black. I didn't want to switch on the light and disturb Dad so I took my torchlight and went downstairs. After having a glass of refreshing water, I went upstairs to my room. I passed Dad's room but then I stopped. I could feel hot air brushing past my legs. I flashed the torchlight at Dad's door and and saw white smoke coming out from the room. This can't be good. I opened the door and gasped. There was fire in his room and Dad was sleeping peacefully in his bed.

"DAD WAKE UP! THERE'S FIRE!!" I screamed and shook Dad vigorously. Dad still didn't wake up-he must be drugged to sleep or maybe he fainted or-I didn't finish my thoughts and started pulling him off the bed. The fire is spreading like wildfire and caught upon the bed sheets. I was sweating profusely and coughed. I breathed in too much of smoke. I pulled Dad away from the bed. He's caught fire on his shirt. I tore up his shirt, the fire burning my hands. I didn't feel much pain. I pulled Dad away from the room. He still didn't wake up. I started crying trying to save myself and Dad. There was fire now down the hallway. Someone is burning down our house. There was no way I could survive with third-degree burns on my skin if I try passing down the hallway. I dragged Dad to my room. There was fire in my room too. It's burning the curtains down. I quickly dragged Dad to my bathroom. As soon as I opened the bathroom, I covered my eyes and coughed. I've breathed in too much of smoke. I dragged Dad into the bathroom and poured water all over him. He's not moving. The fire spread into the bathroom and burned the shower curtain. I poured water all over the curtain but there was too much smoke and I couldn't breathe. I stopped and dropped on my knees and coughed hard. My eyes was watery. I couldn't see properly. My vision was blurry. The shower curtain fell on Dad. I screamed and pulled the curtain away from Dad. My clothes were caught on fire. I didn't care less about myself. All I care was Dad. His body was covered with burns and the curtain was still on his body. I pulled the curtain away and covered Dad with my body and kept him away from the fire. The fire burned my body but I didn't feel anything. I closed my eyes and my body went limp. I couldn't breathe anymore.

I heard someone busted the bathroom door open and someone pulled me away from Dad. I screamed and kicked. "PLEASE SAVE MY FATHER! PLEASE SAVE HIM!" I screamed and screamed until my throat burned and no voice came out. My vision became dark and I passed out.