Chapter 2.3

Y/N raises his fist, wishing to end things then and there.

Norman: Y/N! Think about Peter! He wouldn't have wanted this!

Y/N: You're right. He would've wanted to live. So would have May, MJ, Cooper, and everyone else you killed while laughing at those just trying to protect themselves and their loved ones. Even your own son, Harry would've wanted to live, and not be killed by his own father.

Y/N goes to punch Norman as the man screams.

---

???: You really think this is what I would have wanted?

We see Y/N with his fist still pulled back, but nobody around him. 

Nothing, but black.

???: You really think so, Y/N?

Y/N turns around and sees Peter standing in front of him.

His Peter.

Y/N: *unamused* What's this? Some kind of trickery? You're dead.

Peter: I am. But this is what you call your "subconsciousness".

Y/N stays silent, still unamused.

Peter: Y/N. You need to understand something. You're angry. You're pissed. I get that. But neither me, May, MJ, Cooper, or even Sam would've wanted you to do this... Become... this...

Y/N: Get to the point already.

Peter: *sigh* You want to avenge everyone. I understand. But what you're doing right now, is punishing a man who had NOTHING to do with this. Norman didn't want to kill anyone. It was the result of Carnage and Goblin's twisted minds. Nothing more.

Y/N: ...

Peter: You know what Carnage does. Infecting it's host's mind. It had already gotten way too strong due to being bonded to Cletus for years. Then, it got to Norman's already twisted mind. Something like this was highly likely to happen. You wanted to avenge us, and you have done that already. You took care of Carnage. But if you take Norman out right now, your hands will be tainted with the blood of an innocent person upon them.

Y/N: Why am I even listening to you? You're not really here anyways. What you're saying is just what I think you would've said. Though, it doesn't matter anymore. Norman brought this upon himself.

He turns around, as the black void soon fades away as we see Y/N standing in front of a downed Norman.

Norman: *scared* Y/N... P-Please...

Y/N stays silent, as he goes to punch Norman, making the man curl up in a ball and try to defend himself with his palms, but the hit never comes.

Norman slowly opens his eyes as he sees Y/N putting his mask back on.

Norman: Y/N...?

Arachnida: You killed hundreds of innocent people. You killed your own son. Someone who was going to carry your legacy on. Live with that. Let the guilt and anger consume you to the point it gets too painful to keep living after having everything you cared about away from yourself be taken away by your own hands.

Norman stays silent as he stares at Arachnida.

Arachnida turns around.

Arachnida: Let the guilt of killing your loved ones consume you, Norman. And I'll let the guilt of not being able to protect my loved ones consume me. Eventually, we both will be overpowered with our guilt. I'll see you on the other side. Mr. Osborn.

Norman stays silent as he keeps panting for a while, watching Arachnida leave.

Norman: Stop saying... That I killed Harry!