Chapter 2.24

Pavitra walks up to the two, with the other spiders.

Y/N looks back at Pavitra as the two keep staring at each other for a while.

Y/N: Talk.

Pavitra: I... I'm sorry... I-I didn't know that... I... Look, I was told to watch over you as a task, but... I want you to know, that I... I did think of you as a friend...

Y/N: Then why not tell me about your "mission"?

Pavitra: I... I was scared. In just a short while, we became such close friends, and... And I was scared that if I told you, you won't trust me anymore and would hate me for it...

Pavitra: Miguel was right. I was told to keep an eye on you, yes. But he was wrong about his I was trying to be your "hero". All I wanted, was to have you admit that we are friends. But when you did admit it, the guilt, it was... It ate me up inside. I... I'm sorry. For everything.

Y/N then looks at Peter.

Y/N: And you?

Peter: I, uhh... I'm sorry as well...

Y/N: Peter, frankly enough, I don't want an identical copy of what Pavitra said as your words. I want you to tell me what you feel. Honestly.

Peter stays silent for a while before speaking up.

Peter: I... I'm sorry for treating you the way I did. It was wrong and I should've talked to you about it... I was a bad person... I was a bad friend... But... Please, try to understand that I did what I did, all because of Mayday... I saw what happened when Miguel broke the canon, and it... It scared me, that I could lose Mayday and MJ in the blink of an eye...

Peter: Even so... It doesn't give me the right to treat you the way I did... An apology isn't going to be enough for me to repent, so, please... Give me one last chance, give all of us a last chance to right our wrongs...

Gwen: Y/N... I... Look. The Go Home Machine sent Miles to the dimension of the spider that bit him. Earth-42. Miguel is on the hunt for Miles, and will do everything in his power to make sure that Jeff dies. Canons can still be broken without hurting the world!

Peter and Y/N look at her.

Y/N: What do you mean?

Gwen: Miguel told me that my canon event is also ASM-90. My dad, Captain Stacy, was supposed to die while saving a child from falling debris while I was fighting one of my archnemesises.

Peter: Then what happened?

Gwen: My dad quit a few days after I joined the Spider-Society. He did that on his own. It was all him.

Y/N: What are you implying?

Gwen: Miguel told me that my dad was going to die as a captain. But he is not a captain anymore. My canon event could have been Peter's death for all we know. I think there's something Miguel is not telling everyone, or he doesn't understand it all that well himself.

Y/N stays silent as he looks at his mask in his hands.

Y/N: Go. Do what I couldn't. Be there for your people when they need you.

Y/N: ... What's the plan?

Peter sighs and slightly chuckles, as Gwen starts to speak.

Gwen: First, we go to Earth-42 and get Miles. Then, we head to 1610 and stop Miguel's plans.

Y/N: You do know that it will be easier said than done, right?

Gwen: I know. That's why I need your help. We need your help. In terms of strength, you're the one among us all that can rival, and possibly overpower Miguel. Added to that, you've fought him once, so you know about his fighting styles and how to counter them.