Chapter 29 Leo

I was woken up by the sound of the ship horn above us.  

The echo resonated around the hull, bouncing off the walls and amplifying the noise. I jumped, and (Y/n) went flying. I kinda forgot she was there.

"Thanks a lot, Valdez." 

She grumbled, rubbing her head.

Oops.

Will stretched and made his way to the window as another horn blast sounded.

"I think we've reached land. We should probably go to the loading so no one gets suspicious."

Harley made his way over to me, rubbing his eyes.

"Is breakfast ready?" He mumbled. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw (Y/n) smile.

"There's a really nice Cafe I know here, where they serve the best hot breakfasts. We can go there."

With the idea of a hot pancake in mind, we scooped up our things and made our way above deck. We crossed down the stairs that had been set up for descent off the boat and spilled into the crowd. 

There were a lot of bodies; I hadn't realized how many people had actually been on that ship. Kids screamed and chased each other around while parents tried to talk over it. 

It was a nightmare.

"We need to get over there!" (Y/n) raised her voice so we could hear her above the crowd as she pointed to a dark green street lamp. 

Then she slunk away, and I lost her in the sea of people. My friends had followed her too, and now I was stuck elbow to elbow with strange bodies and people.

"Why's it always me?" I huffed, practically swimming between people.

"Because you drive me insane. That's why," (Y/n) stood smirking beside me, "Come on, I want my pancakes, and according to everyone else, you're worth more than fresh hotcakes, so I couldn't leave you." 

She weaved in between people as I tried to follow, elbowing several passengers just to get the slightest bit of wiggle room.

"Great to know you value me more than food," I grunted, slipping through a tight squeeze of my shoulders.

She turned back at me.

"Just a little."

I tripped over something, maybe a rock or a shoe; I couldn't see it. And almost face-planted into the street. Even if I had, I wouldn't have hit the ground, the cluster was so thick I could have crowd surfed my way to the Cafe.

"Give me your hand," I couldn't see her anymore, but I recognized the ring on the outstretched fingers. 

As soon as I grabbed it, I was yanked through the sea of people and finally spit out by the street lamp.

"Andddd, he's back." I heard Liam say, not even trying to hide his disappointment, but I didn't care. 

I was too preoccupied by the fact that my hand was still nestled in (Y/n)'s. 

She dropped it as soon as she noticed, and I turned away, trying to hide my blush.

"So uh. Where are these famous pancakes?" I rubbed the back of my neck. 

Her eyes immediately lit up.

"Just this way."

We wove through a couple more streets before we stopped in front of a dark oak shop. Orange light spilled from lamps that hung from the ceiling.