Chapter 57 Leo

When I had staggered into our makeshift infirmary, it had seemed like the chaos stilled.

"H-help," I had croaked, my throat screaming in pain, the words barely making it past my lips before I felt the tears fill my eyes.

A blond had pushed through the frozen crowd, covered in blood.

"W-will?"

He'd taken one look at the girl in my arms and surged forward, a flurry of people following.

We'd been swept up in a hurricane of bandages and shouts of medical jargon that made my head hurt.

"Leo," someone's warm hand fell against my arm, snapping me out of my flashback.

"She's going to be alright."

I nodded at Will, looking past him to (Y/n), who was fast asleep, smothered in blankets. 

She looked so tiny with all those pillows piled around her.

"Of course she will," my voice came out barely a whisper.

The blond's blue eyes scrunched up, scrutinizing my face.

"Do you need something? You look like you're going to be sick." 

I shook my head, swallowing hard.

"I'm good, tired, is all."

Will took one look between me and (Y/n), not believing my excuse in the slightest. He merely nodded and left, closing the door behind himself. 

I stood in the corner, leaning against a filing cabinet. 

Will had snagged (Y/n) a separate office so they could dress her wounds privately. 

I felt the tears crowd my eyes, my fingers itching to move and distract myself, like always. 

Instead, I found my feet crossing over to her; she was fast asleep. 

As gently as I could, I kissed her forehead slowly before sitting in the chair beside her head. 

I couldn't help but smile sadly. 

This was exactly how this had all started; (Y/n) was in the infirmary, and me seated by her side.

I gently took her hand and nestled it in my own.

I had never tried cigarettes before, and I was proud of it. 

But (Y/n)'s lips must have been a thousand times more addictive. I was an addict for her attention, a user for her love. 

Every second without her felt like hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a short chapter, but a good one, Gumdrops!

Tell me what you think!

- Thesourgummyworm <3