Chapter 31-40

Chapter 31

  If the Empress Dowager can be called Xiaozhuang at this time, will her death be of any benefit to the Ma Qi family? It will be.

  Ma Qi and the governor's family were somewhat targeted. Although Ma Qi used the governor's brother-in-law's affairs to restrain him a little, the brother-in-law still hoped that there would be some trouble in the Fucha family under the influence of his doting concubine.

  For this reason, he spent a lot of money to buy two specially trained thin horses from the south, and prepared to find an opportunity for his governor sister to send them to the Fucha family.

  Due to purchasing and other reasons, it was already September of the twenty-sixth year when someone bought it. I had just taught the Manchu rules for two months when the Empress Dowager became seriously ill. How could I send the girl away at this time? Otherwise, instead of causing trouble for the other party, you would give his brother-in-law a stick.

  When the Empress Dowager was seriously ill, let alone mention this matter. A hundred days of observing filial piety, although the officials' practices would be acceptable for a hundred days, but Kangxi was a person who respected Xiaozhuang, so local officials The officials and officials in the capital were more or less paying attention, so as a result, the draft that was supposed to be held in the 27th year of Kangxi was stopped, the Aixinjueluo family had to observe filial piety, and the business in the eight major alleys in the capital also plummeted.

  So without knowing it, Ma Qi escaped a plot. If Lan Ting knew about it, he might still be grateful for Xiaozhuang's death.

  Lan Ting's life in Shanxi was good, but in the Fucha Mansion in the capital, the fourteen-year-old Lan Shu was really on the verge of tears. This year was supposed to be the year of the draft, and she was the draft candidate this year. The girl is just the right age, but she happened to catch up with something like this. As a result, if there is no supplementary election in the middle, she will be overage by the time of the next draft.

  Over the years, Lan Shu has always hoped to be able to stand out. She has already made up her mind. Although she is a concubine and is not as good as Lan Ting in this regard, she has an advantage: she is the only daughter of her eldest family, who is She has a title, and she doesn't have to be drafted in the same draft as Lan Ting, so she can use all the connections in Fucha Mansion.

  But now, even if the emperor has the same intention as when he put down the San Francisco Rebellion a few years ago, the draft age can be relaxed. By then, several princesses in the Fucha Mansion will be together, and the possibility of her being kicked out will be too great. . After all, it was natural for the legitimate daughter to take the lead among the three wealthy family members, so Lan Shu felt extremely depressed.

  "Mother Wu, why do you think my life is so bad, but just..." Lan Shu didn't dare to say anything else and could only cry on the sidelines.

  Aunt Wu knew that Lan Shu was feeling her bad luck, but who could know this in advance.

  Aunt Wu was found by the old lady Nala for Lan Shu. She has been in the palace for twenty years. She can't fault the rules. She also understands that she is not as good as Aunt Zhao and Aunt Jiang. She will also need to rely on her in the future. Lan Shu came to provide for her retirement, so she had high hopes for Lan Shu.

  Aunt Wu could also see clearly that Lan Shu performed well in all aspects. Although she was a concubine, she still had an advantage over Lan Rou. If she was lucky, it would be possible for her to become a legitimate wife for the clan. So she has always been strict with Lan Shu.