Chapter 81-90

Chapter 81

  This honest and upright Mr. Yu may not have a golden finger, but it does not prevent him from becoming a good warehouse keeper.

  When he was managing the household department, he noticed nothing but one thing. People from the treasury often came to borrow money. Of course, Kangxi agreed to borrow money. The problem was that after he observed it for a period of time and opened the accounts, he I discovered one thing, only those who borrowed money did not pay back.

  And after he checked the entire treasury, he found that half of the treasury's silver had been borrowed.

  So starting from yesterday, he no longer agreed to borrow money, and before those who wanted to borrow money came to trouble him, he explained the matter in public at the court the next day.

  "Your Majesty, the national treasury of silver is only half of what is on the books. If this continues, all the money will be borrowed in the future. What will we rely on for disaster relief and sending troops? And there are only those who borrowed the money but not those who repaid it. Could it be said that all the money in the Qing Dynasty Do officials always live beyond their means? Your Majesty originally had good intentions, but in the end they all regarded the treasury as a warehouse for their own family. Therefore, I hope that the debts can be paid off as soon as possible. Otherwise, if there are more disaster victims, the treasury may not be able to bear it. ."

  Yu Chenglong originally came to the Ministry of Household Affairs in the hope of saving as much as possible. He dare not say that he could save tens of millions of money, but if he could save a little bit, he hoped that the river embankment could be rebuilt in his lifetime, otherwise he would really He has no face to see the many people who suffered because of him.

  At the same time, the iron-faced censor Guo Xiu also stood up, and everyone agreed with Yu Jackie Chan's proposal.

  But everyone was sweating after hearing this. If they say that no one noticed this, it would be a lie, but those who knew about it just didn't say anything.

  Of course, although Sisi was in charge of the household department, he had only been in office for two or three years. However, he had many things to do, and due to his personal reasons in the past few years, he did not observe so closely when he went to the household department. At the same time, he was not always on the front line last year, so April 4th did not notice it yet.

  However, it has always been concealed, so all the princes in history have discovered and finally revealed it more than forty years ago during Kangxi's reign. And now it is only the thirty-sixth year of Kangxi's reign, and Kangxi is also in the period of In his prime, the state of the treasury was much better than it had been for more than forty years.

  As soon as this incident came out, Kangxi was furious. He had always been a person who pursued perfection. He also knew that officials' salaries were not high, but he did not expect that what he considered to be a benevolent policy would become what it is now. If Yu Chenglong hadn't discovered , in a few years, the treasury will be empty. If so, what will he use in the future?

  These slaves have all set their sights on his master, and it's really hard to tolerate what they can tolerate.

  All the courtiers were silent. They knew that this topic should not be taken up casually. This was an errand that would offend people, and not only one or two people were offended. It can be said that there were not many officials who had not borrowed money.

  Kangxi looked down and no one answered. Only Yu Chenglong and Guo Xiu expressed that they must quickly recover the money they owed.

  "Yinreng, what do you think?"