Chapter 6

For real this time

He was alone.

He was always alone.

Back then he was different than he was right now. Back then he used to be kind and compassionate.

Yet that all changed when he met an unusual person. He remembered that day very well...

He was walking back home from school. It was night and he was walking near a forest. Then suddenly he heard something being fired.

He turned to the forest and saw a glimmer of light in the distance. Feeling curious he took a closer look.

Once he was near he saw two people ganging up on a single person. That person was Merus his master.

Merus was fighting both of them with ease but he noticed them wearing an orange prison uniform except for Merus. He stared at their fight in silence before one of the prisoners noticed him.

"A human? Get lost."

The prisoner fired a Ki Ball at him. But then his body moved on its own causing him to evade the attack and letting Merus knock out both prisoners.

He couldn't understand it. Why did he move? Was it his will to live or was it something else? He looks up and suddenly saw Merus in front of him causing him to take a step back.

"Do not fear. I am not here to hurt you?"

"W-Who are you?"

"I am Merus. A member of the Galactic Patrol."

"Y/N..."

"Y/N. I've noticed you reacted very fast when you were about to be hit. Do you have any fighting experience perhaps?"

"No."

"Interesting... well then would you like me to teach you how to fight?"

"Eh?"

"I will teach you how to move on your own and let your instincts take control. If you manage to do that then you'll be able to surpass even the gods..."

"...I accept."

This was the moment that Y/N L/N became what he is now...

Presently

He woke up in a bed. He sits up and stares at his surroundings. He was back in Natasha clinic.

He assumes they brought him here after he overused Ultra Instinct. His body felt weak obvious signs of him being tired.

"You're awake."

Looking to his right he saw Natasha. He groans and lies back down not wanting to deal with another conversation.

"How are you feeling?"

"Tired..."

"That should be expected. Although you weren't injured when they brought you here but only exhausted."

"...I've grown weaker."

"Weak doesn't have anything to do with your condition."

"Tell me doctor. Have you ever felt what's it like to know that you can achieve great things but you're afraid to do it... that's what I am a weakling."

"I'm not one to judge you considering how little I know of you... but from what I've seen you're a kind person even if you don't show it..."

"..."

"I know what's it like to lose someone precious to you... choosing to be stuck grieving or continue to move on is your choice."

Y/N stared at her in the eyes before looking down at his hands. His vision changed for a brief moment showing his bloodied hand before returning to normal.