Chapter Three: Gut Feeling!

"Here it comes." Tony says.

"That was the first week in January?" Gibbs asks.

"That sounds about right." Rabb says.

"That the last time you saw her?" Gibbs asks.

"That's what I said." Rabb says.

"At Benzinger's?" Gibbs asks. Rabb tried to hide his surprise.

"Bingo." Rose whispers.

"Ooh, bugger." Tony says and Abby comes into the room.

"So, Rabb's prints? Are all over Singer's convertible." Abby announces.

"Who told you we were at Benzinger's?" Rabb asks.

"You did meet her there, didn't you?" Gibbs asks.

"Yeah." Rabb replies. The coffee is delivered.

"Who's prompting you behind the mirror?" Rabb asks.

"Recognize that?" Gibbs asks, showing him the number.

"Should I?" Rabb asks.

"You dial it a lot." Gibbs says.

"Well, I call so many numbers." Rabb replies.

"It's your brother's cell in Moscow. Immigration records show that he was here when Singer got pregnant and again three weeks ago." Gibbs explains. Rabb stood up and Gibbs looks up at him.

"Sergei did not kill Lieutenant Singer." Rabb says.

"Was he the father?" Gibbs asks.

"She said he wasn't." Rabb replies.

"Did he believe her?" Gibbs asks.

"Yes." Rabb says.

"But you didn't?" Gibbs asks.

"I'm not sure. The important thing is, he believed her." Rabb replies, "And he swears to me, he hasn't spoken to her or seen her since early January since she called."

"Why would he give Singer his Moscow number?" Gibbs asks.

"I did that. I wrote it on a napkin at Benzinger's bar." Rabb admits.

"Commander, you are suspected of having committed murder. You have the right to remain silent and make no statement." Gibbs explains beginning the rites.

"You think I killed Lieutenant Singer?" Rabb asks, shocked.

"Any statement you do make could be used against you in a court of martial law." Gibbs continues as Tony enters the room to slap the cuffs on Rabb.

"I know my article 31 rights, I waive them." Rabb states.

"You have the right to consult a lawyer prior to any..." Gibbs says and Vivian continues them. Rabb makes him ask him a question.

"Would you kill for your brother?" Gibbs asks, staring into Rabb's eyes. Rose was in the hall nearby. She looks over at the group. Rose was considered a Probie so she was mainly set to watch and gather evidence.

[Later]

Rose sat at her desk when Gibbs and Vivian come around the corner. Gibbs sends Vivian to go get some things from the FBI on another matter not pertaining to the current case and he tells her that if she can't deliver in two days, don't bother coming back. Rose sat thinking over some details. She got up and walked over to Tony who looks at her.

"Something doesn't exactly feel right." Rose says.

"And what is it that doesn't feel right?" Tony asks.