Chapter Thirteen: The Dead Speak Volumes!

[Later]

Rose did her own investigating while Cait and Tony went to talk to Commander Foley's wife then Commander Foley. By the time that they got back, Rose was more convinced of her theory. She just needed Abby and Tim to confirm. Gibbs began with the interrogation. Rose walks into the viewing room. Tony and Cait stand there.

"Jack Curtin was one of the most insanely jealous men that I've ever met." Foley states.

"That's not what you said at his trial." Gibbs explains.

"I didn't want to see him get executed." Foley responds. There's a knock at the door and it opens to reveal Tim. Rose, Cait and Tony look over in shock.

"Can I um... see you for a minute boss?" Tim stutters out.

"Oh dear god..." Rose mutters.

"Oh, I can't believe I'm seeing what I'm seeing." Tony mutters. Gibbs and Tim step into the hall. Rose knew Gibbs was gonna tear him a new one. But seeing as Gibbs felt that one day when Tim gets his head out of his ass, he might be his son in law, he decides not to scare him too much.

"Never interrupt an interrogation, McGee." Gibbs orders.

"I... I just... I thought..." Tim begins.

"To have a thought, McGee, you have to think." Gibbs growls, "Were you thinking when you went into the interrogation room?"

"Yes, sir." Tim states, "I-I think so."

"Well... okay." Gibbs states, "What is so damn important?" Tim tells him and Gibbs returns to the interrogation room. Rose, Tony and Cait stand in the viewing room listening quietly. Gibbs walks around the guy, peers into the viewing mirror which was a two way window that looked like a mirror on one side and a window on the other.

"Margaret Curtin wasn't murdered by her jealous husband. She was murdered by her jealous lover. The same one that gave her herpes." Gibbs explains.

"I'm not answering another question until I talk to a lawyer." Foley responds and Gibbs narrows his eyes, "I want a lawyer, now." Rose leaves the viewing room with Tim, Cait and Tony.

"Hate to rain on your parade but we still don't have Curtin." Tony explains.

"At least he won't be able to kill Commander Foley." Cait explains.

"Well, if we go public that we found his wife's killer, there's a good chance Curtin will turn himself in, if he's still alive." Tim suggests.

[Later]

"It doesn't make any sense." Tony mutters.

"What?" Cait asks.

"Nothing. It just... doesn't make any sense." Tony repeats.

"You gonna give it up, Dinozzo?" Gibbs asks, "Or are you just gonna keep repeating yourself?" Gibbs gets up and walks over to Tony.

"The calls from Curtin's wife to the Foley house pretty much stopped after Foley got back from Afghanistan." Tony continues.

"Yeah? So?" Gibbs asks.

"So, if they were having an affair, wouldn't the calls increase after he got back into town?" Tony asks.

"Well, they didn't need to talk on the phone. They could see each other in person." Tim suggests.

"Why'd she stop talking to his wife?" Tony asks.

"I don't think it's Foley to begin with." Rose explains.

"You have a theory?" Gibbs asks.

"She couldn't talk to Foley's wife... Would you be able to talk to the spouse of someone you were having an affair with?" Cait asks.