Chapter Fifteen: What Was It Like... Tonguing A Guy?

[The Next Morning]

Rose steps into the bathroom. Tony had Tim go through the trash and when the suspect comes outside, Tony stupidly heads across the street to talk to her. Rose steps out of the bathroom.

"Where's Tony?" Rose asks.

"He needed some fresh air." Tim responds.

"It does stink in here." Rose points out.

"I'm almost done..." Tim states.

"McGee, are you watching this? What is Dinozzo doing?" Abby asks into the headset.

"He's not here." Tim says.

"No, he's not. He's across the street. Talking to the lady." Abby informs him. Rose and Tim head to the window to check.

"What an idiot." Rose mutters. Tim and Rose watch Tony for a few minutes before they realize they were right next to each other. They both look at each other and stare into each other's eyes. Tim gets lost in Rose's blue eyes. His cheeks flush red as he felt like he saw his entire future in her eyes. A future with her. Rose's mouth parts slightly as she was lost in Tim's eyes as well.

"Stringfellow?!" Abby asks, bringing them both back to reality. Rose looks back at looking out the window.

"It's so he doesn't forget it." Tim states.

"You should." Abby responds.

"Huh?" Tim asks.

"Look, Dinozzo is your partner. In the world according to Gibbs, you share the blame if anything goes hinky." Abby explains.

"Oh, geez." Tim mutters, "Okay, what do I do here, Abbs?"

"Don't volunteer anything. Only answer questions asked. And whatever you do– do not lie. Because Gibbs is like Santa Claus, he knows if you've been naughty." Abby explains. Tim thinks about it.

[LATER]

Cait and Gibbs arrive and Rose quickly got up and attaches her gun to her hip. She walks over to her father to grab the keys.

"How was the memorial service?" Tony asks.

"The director gave a nice eulogy." Cait states.

"I'm exhausted... I'm going home and going to bed." Rose states with a yawn.

"Don't forget to lock all the doors." Gibbs tells her.

"You want me to make sure I hide in the basement like you?" Rose sasses a little.

"No. Just lock up." Gibbs says, "Anything happen?"

"Nope." Rose and Tim say in unison a little too quickly.

"Not a thing, boss." Tim continues.

"Very quiet." Tony responds.

"Very." Tim says quickly.

"Is that why you two seem so anxious?" Gibbs asks Tim and Rose.

"Me?" Tim asks.

"I'm anxious because I'm tired and want to go home." Rose replies.

"Right." Gibbs responds.

"What did you do to him?" Cait asks.

"Nothing." Tony responds.

"This place looks too clean." Cait responds.

"Where is she now?" Gibbs asks.

"In the back of the house, in the kitchen." Tony responds.