Chapter Thirty-Six: Tim's Book!

[McGee's Apartment]

Tim checks the blood on Sarah's shirt. It ends up being human blood. Sarah comes out of his bedroom as Tim had been nice and put his baby sister in his bed so she could rest.

"What time is it?" Sarah asks.

"After Ten." Tim responds.

"After Ten? I missed my class. Why didn't you wake me?" Sarah asks.

"I wanted you to get some rest before..." Tim explains.

"Before what?" Sarah asks.

"Sarah..." Tim begins.

"You found my taxi." Sarah responds.

"I haven't spoken to the driver yet, but... I did get a log from the company." Tim continues.

"And?" Sarah asks.

"And you were picked up early this morning at the quad. When I went to check it out, NCIS was there. Rose called me to warn me not to get seen." Tim explains.

"What was NCIS doing there?" Sarah asks.

"Probably had something to do with the dead body." Tim responds. Sarah freaks out, turns and walks away.

"Where are you going?" Tim asks.

"The library– I have to study." Sarah explains.

"Excuse me?" Tim asks.

"I have a Chauncer midterm coming up." Sarah explains.

"Hey, Sarah! Hello! Dead guy! That's probably dead guy's blood on your shirt." Tim explains.

"I told you, that could be animal blood." Sarah explains.

"It's not. I tested it, and it's human." Tim tells her, "Sarah, we've got to go to NCIS."

"Why? Why NCIS?" Sarah asks.

"Body was a sailor." Tim explains. Sarah sits down as she gets a memory flash.

"Do you know the sailor's name?" Sarah asks.

"No." Tim responds.

"I do." Sarah responds. Sarah runs into the bathroom to hide and cry. Tim starts knocking on the door.

"Sarah? Sarah, open up. Sarah! Tell me how you know this guy. Sarah, I can't help you unless you talk to me." Tim explains. Sarah opens the door.

"How do you know him?" Tim asks.

"We used to date." Sarah admits, "Until he started seeing my old roommate."

"And?" Tim asks.

"And? I threatened to kill him once or twice. Maybe even three times." Sarah admits.

"This is that sailor that you were dating last year?" Tim asks. Sarah nods.

"You told me you didn't like him." Tim responds.

"What did you expect me to say, Tim? I really liked this guy and he just broke my heart when he dumped me for some skanky cheerleader." Sarah explains.

"You threatened to kill him because he dumped you for a cheerleader?" Tim asks.

"I didn't mean it!" Sarah exclaims, "It was just one of those things you say, you know? You're always saying Lily is threatening to shoot someone!" Tim thinks about it. Rose does threaten a lot of people that she'll shoot them.

"Her name is Rose." Tim states, "Did anyone hear you say it?"

"I never actually said it. I emailed it..." Sarah admits.