"𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙉𝙚𝙠𝙤𝙢𝙖?"

Stepping out of the bathroom, you glanced both ways and spotted Iwaizumi by his locker

You couldn't help but wonder if he had followed you or just happened to be there.

"Did you follow me...?" you questioned as you watched him slowly close his locker door, his expression one of confusion.

He scoffed, "Yeah, you're delusional," he replied casually, taking something out of his locker without missing a beat.

You scratched your head, feeling slightly irritated.

"...Whatever," you mumbled, ready to return to class. But before you could move, you felt a firm yet gentle grip on your arm, pulling you back slightly.

"What was that about earlier?" His tone was calm, but there was an underlying sense of concern in his words.

You stared at him, realization dawning.

"Oh... I was just lost in my thoughts, nothing new," you replied, attempting to escape his grip,

"Your face changed when Nekoma was mentioned," he observed, his gaze searching mine as our bodies were inches apart, your arm pressed against his chest.

You tried to act nonchalant, but he saw through it.

"You noticed that, huh," you sighed as he finally released his grip, "It's nothing, really."

But Iwaizumi wasn't satisfied, his serious demeanor intimidating you slightly.

"Not to make you feel embarrassed or anything, but I've seen tears form in your eyes," he mentioned, his memory vivid.

Was I really on the verge of crying?

My tone softened, feeling a moment of vulnerability.

"Oh..."

You both stood there in silence, waiting for what would come next.

He sighed, breaking the silence.

"I know we don't always get along, but did something from your past at Nekoma bother you?" His concern was palpable, and for once, you felt like he genuinely cared.

"Yeah..," you admitted, crossing your arms as you leaned against his locker.

He offered, "Do you want to talk about it in the courtyard?" you was taken aback by his sudden display of care.

For a moment, he seemed to regret his straightforward offer, awkwardly fake coughing and attempting to backtrack.

"Sorry, that was too direct. I should have asked if you were comfortable telling me..." he trailed off.

You smiled softly, looking away.

"It's fine, and what's with you caring all of a sudden?" you teased, but beneath the jest, you appreciated his concern.