𝙏𝙤𝙭𝙞𝙘 𝙖𝙧𝙜𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩

2 days later

2 days later...

Both you and Iwaizumi got close and hung out after school, especially when you went out to eat with his team.

Today is a Thursday & you were at practice watching the boys play.

The lingering echoes of volleyball practice slowly dissipated as the gymnasium emptied, leaving behind a few stragglers, including Kari and a teammate tidying up equipment.

Leaning against the entranceway, you waited for your best friend, & watched the volleyball players leave the campus.

Iwaizumi, rugged and sweat-drenched from the intense practice you could almost see his muscular body see through his shirt,

And Oikawa, looking as pristine as ever as if he hadn't just spent hours on the court.

"Y/n~,"

Oikawa's voice oozed with flirtation as he draped an arm around your neck, eliciting an internal eye-roll from you.

"Now, our dear friend Iwa," Oikawa continued, flashing a charming smile in Iwaizumi's direction,

"was wondering if he could get your number."

The words hung in the air, punctuated by Iwaizumi's swift retaliation—a resounding slap to the back of Oikawa's head.

My number?

The notion caught you off guard, evident in the slight parting of your lips as you exchanged glances with Iwaizumi, who was already locked in a stare-down with you.

"I could've asked her myself, you asshole,"

Iwaizumi growled, his annoyance palpable as he directed his ire toward Oikawa, who stood beside you.

"Could I?" his voice carrying a hint of vulnerability that left you flustered yet intrigued.

Smiling shyly, you nodded, your gaze flickering from the floor to meet his intense stare.

"Give me your phone,"

You instructed, extending your hand towards Iwaizumi.

"If you had asked her yourself, she wouldn't have given it to you,"

Oikawa interjected, prompting another retaliatory smack from Iwaizumi, whose patience seemed to be wearing thin.

Rubbing his head, Oikawa shot Iwaizumi a reproachful glare.

"Stop hitting me, damn it!"

he protested, though his playful demeanor betrayed his true amusement.

With a rueful chuckle, you returned Iwaizumi's phone, the exchange marking a subtle yet significant shift in your guy's dynamic.