1-First To Arrive, Last To Leave

**Claire's POV**

"Hurry up, Claire! Our Uber is almost here" Jane shouts from my living room.

"I'm almost ready!" I yell back, as I finish tying the laces on my air force ones. I grab a hat from my closet on my way out of the bedroom and plop it on my head.

Tonight we are going to see Reneé Rapp and I am so excited. I don't know all of her songs, but I think I will still have fun. My best friend, Jane, is a super fan. She has been trying for months to get me to listen to Reneé's new music. I finally gave it a listen and it's actually pretty good, so I agreed to come with her tonight. I would almost maybe call myself a fan.

"Ready?" I say to Jane who is standing by the door waiting for me. She rolls her eyes at me as we walk out of the apartment and head towards the elevator. Our Uber meets us outside and we slip into the backseat.

After a short drive, we reach our destination. We arrive at the venue around 12:30. To my surprise, we are the only ones here.

"I thought you said people start lining up at 12?" I question Jane, looking slightly confused.

"Yeah, us. I wanted to get here super early so we can get barricade" she replies.

"Ohhhh, got it. Well what time does the show start?"

"7, but doors are at 6" she tells me, avoiding eye contact.

"7? We're going to sit out here for six hours?" I exclaim, hitting her lightly in the shoulder.

"Yes ma'am and I promise it will be worth every second" she says before plopping down on the cement. I roll my eyes at her. This is going to be a long day.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

After six long hours, they finally open the doors and start letting people into the venue. Just as we planned, Jane and I secured barricade, right in the middle.

"Best spot in the whole pit" Jane declares as she wraps both hands around the bars of the barricade. I'll admit, I was pretty excited to be front and center. I just really hope it's worth sitting on the cement for six hours. After a little while the lights dim and Reneé's opening acts go on to play their sets. They were good, I didn't know any of their songs but it was entertaining at least.

Just after 8, all the lights in the venue turn off and the crowd goes absolutely ballistic. The band starts and I can feel the beat in my chest, why do I kind of feel nervous? All the sudden Reneé  struts out onto the stage and oh my god. She is even more beautiful than she is in photos, there is almost no way to describe it. She is tall and her blonde hair looks absolutely perfect. Her smile is even more radiant in real life, she is just completely stunning. She goes on to play an amazing show, I knew more songs than I realized. Okay, I guess I could call myself a fan after that and I might have a crush on her too.

The crowd dissipates and everyone with VIP passes lingers in the pit for a little while longer. Eventually a worker comes and directs us to where we need to be. We rush out the door and down the stairs to where the meet and greet would take place. We wait about 10 minutes and she appears once again. Holy shit, she is beautiful. Did I mention that already? Butterflies start to form in my stomach, why do I feel this way? I don't even know this woman but I think I'm in love with her. I watch as one by one, fans shuffle in and out taking photos and exchanging hugs. Before I know it, we're next.

"Hi baby" Reneé says softly, pulling me in for a hug. I look up at her and I feel the butterflies in my stomach multiply. I know she calls everyone baby, but it just feels so different when she says it to you, ya know?