27-It's Not My Fault

**Claire POV**

Reneé's alarm goes off at 6am and I want to die. We didn't end up going to sleep until around 3am. I was tired after round one, but Reneé insisted on going for round two. And then three, and then four. I am so fucking exhausted. I roll over to see a mess of blonde hair beside me, the one I've missed so badly this last week. She snoozes her alarm and snuggles back under the covers. I curl up next to her and wrap my arms around her.

"Good morning babe" I say, just above a whisper.

"Good morning" she replies, I can tell she's still half asleep. I close my eyes and pull her closer, trying to soak up every second of these last 5 minutes together. 5 more minutes together in this bed, before life goes back to normal. Finally, her alarm rings again and Reneé pulls a pillow over her head immediately, trying to muffle the sound.

"Babe, you've gotta get up" I tell her, getting out of bed and pulling the pillow off her head.

"I don't think I can. I want to lay in bed with you all day long"

"C'mon Regina it's your first day of filming. I'll make you a latte" I joke, in an attempt to persuade her out of bed. She finally sits up and motions for me to come back to the bed. I oblige, walking over and sitting in her lap. I straddle her and pull her in for a long hug.

"I wish we could stay here just like this" she mumbles into my bare chest.

"I know, me too" I agree "meet me in the kitchen after you shower?" she nods and I get up, she stands up out of bed, finally. I walk into the kitchen and I hear her start the water in the shower.

I get to work making her an iced latte. She bought me a brand new espresso machine and I have no idea how to use it, so it takes me a minute. She's not big on breakfast so I put a few snacks in a bag for her to take with her to set. A short while later, she emerges from the bedroom wearing only a towel. She looks fresh and clean and so adorable.

"Here babe, I put some snacks in here for you to take with you" I say, pointing to the bag and handing her the latte I made for her.

"You're the best, ya know that?" she smiles at me before taking a sip of her coffee.

"I know" I smirk, walking over to give her a kiss on the cheek. She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me in for another before pressing herself against me and trapping me against the island with her body. I feel her towel hit my feet, I open my eyes and see she's let it drop off of her and she is now standing in front of me completely naked. My arms fall naturally to her waist, running my fingertips gently over her soft skin.

"Babe, you've got to get ready" I warn "you're literally going to be late on your first day"

"I know, I know" she whines and bends over to grab her towel from the floor. I give her ass a tiny smack when she bends over, because what else would I have done?

"Do you get a lunch break?" she asks as I follow her back into the bathroom to brush my teeth. 

"Yeah, why?"

"You should come see me on set" she suggests.

"Won't that be kinda weird?" 

"Nah, I have my own trailer just meet me there"

"Okay" I shrug and look down at the time on my phone as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush. 

"Reneé, you have to leave in like 15 minutes" I yell at her while she stands beside me scrolling through her Instagram, still wearing only a towel. 

"Fuck!" she groans, walking back into the bedroom to get dressed. 

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------