23-We'd Start a Brand New Life

**Reneé POV**

Adam ended up calling me early this morning, before I got the chance to call him. He needed me to meet him at the studio to talk about something else, completely unrelated. Claire was pissed, since she was insisting on listening in on the phone call this morning. I, on the other hand, felt relieved. I ended up breaking down and telling him everything that's happened. He wasn't happy with me but thankfully he understood and I won't have to work with Towa anymore. I am feeling better about things, even though I had to lie to Claire yesterday. But today is a new day, and I am going to be better to her.

I'm sitting in her apartment, scrolling through my Instagram waiting for her to get home from work. I got some exciting news today, but I'm not sure how she's going to take it. I hear the key turn in the door, my head shoots up as the door finally swings open.

"Hey honey" she greets me, setting her things down on the island.

"I got the part! I'm gonna be Regina in the new Mean Girls movie!" I exclaim and rush over to hug her. She leans in and give me a soft kiss on the cheek.

"That's awesome babe, I'm so proud of you" she tells me with a half smile and I know why. It's not that she's not excited for me, I know she is. I think she wanted this for me more than I even wanted it for myself. She is afraid of me leaving for two months. I put my hands on her shoulders and look at her.

"Hey, we will figure it out" I say as tears well up in her eyes.

"I know we will. I am so happy for you, Reneé, I promise. I just really don't know how I am going to function without you here"

"I know baby, I know. I'm going to miss you so much but we will be alright, I promise you" I pull her in for a hug and she sobs into my shoulder.

"What if I move with you?" she asks, pulling away and wiping the tears from her face.

"What?"

"I'll move with you while you film, so we wouldn't have to be apart" she suggests.

"Claire, you can't do that. What about your job? You love your job, you can't quit. You've worked so hard to get where you are" I remind her.

"I'll ask my boss if I can work from home, it's only two months"

"You would really move all the way to New Jersey with me?" I am shocked she would suggest this, especially with how rocky things have been between us this entire time.

"Yes. Reneé, I don't want to live without you. I want to go with you, please"

"I mean, if you can work from home then I really don't see why not"

"I'll talk to my boss tomorrow morning"

"That would be so much fun baby. We'd start a brand new life, just us two" I say.

"I don't care what we do, as long as I get to be with you" she tells me, pulling me back in and connecting our lips in a slow kiss.

"I really love you" I mumble into our kiss. She smiles at me softly before reconnecting our lips. I think this is exactly what we needed.

The Next Day

**Claire POV**

"Yeah, I have no problem with that as long as you continue to meet your deadlines" my boss tells me. I have to stop my jaw from dropping open. I really wasn't sure what she would say and I was so nervous to ask her about moving.

"Seriously?" I question.

"Yes, seriously. It makes no difference to me where you work from. If you want to move off to New Jersey with your movie star girlfriend, who am I to stop you?" she jokes. I don't know why I was worried, she loves me.