20-Talk Too Much

**Claire POV**

I'm really fucking nervous for her to go on that trip, especially after the shit Towa pulled at Alex's party. This whole time I thought it was Reneé that I couldn't trust, but I think now I'm more worried about Towa. She leaves tomorrow, I have to drop her off at the airport early in the morning. She was going to ride with Alex and Towa, but I offered to drive her instead. We've spent most of the day running errands, now we are just hanging out at my place until later. Reneé told me she has a surprise planned for me.

"What's wrong, baby?" Reneé asks, looking up from her phone. She must have noticed I've been extra quiet today.

"Nothing, why?"

"You've been kinda quiet today. What's the matter?" she asks sincerely.

"I don't know, I'm just really worried about this weekend" I admit "I really don't want you to go, especially after the other night"

We never really even talked about the other night, I wasn't sure how to bring it up. I know it wasn't her fault, I'm not mad at her. I just have a really hard time believing that Towa didn't know we were in there. Especially after she was staring at us pretty much all night long leading up to that.

"Yeah, that was pretty fucked up of her and made me really uncomfortable, not gonna lie" she sighs.

"She definitely did that on purpose, right?" I ask in a serious tone.

"I don't know. But, I promise baby, you have nothing to worry about. This is strictly for work" she says, trying to reassure me. I do believe her, as crazy as that sounds.

"Come here" she says, pulling me into her lap and wrapping her arms around me from behind. She plants a small kiss on my forehead and rests her nose against mine, I close my eyes.

"Look at me, Claire" she instructs. I listen, opening my eyes and staring into hers now.

"You have nothing to worry about, okay? Can we just try and forget about all that tonight?" she asks.

"Fine" I start, rolling my eyes at her "what time do I have to be ready by tonight?"

"In one hour, so you better get ready" she teases, slapping my ass as I stand up off the couch.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

Reneé brought me back to the restaurant that we had our first date at, as a surprise. We are seated at a table on the roof, a much more private spot than last time. Which is probably a good thing, since we have been very careful about our public outings since getting back together. We are trying to keep our relationship as private as possible which has worked out surprisingly well so far. She sat beside me in the booth which I thought was kind of funny but sweet.

"No one will see us up here" Reneé says, nudging me with her elbow.

"It's so pretty up here" I tell her, looking out at the view in front of us. The waiter brings our food quickly, Reneé pours us each another glass of wine before we start eating. She always orders a whole bottle, and we always finish it. I am only a few bites in when Reneé reaches under the table and unhooks the button on my jeans. I look at her with wide eyes before she slides her hand into the waistband of my pants and directly into my underwear. She runs a finger over my center and I shudder. This is so not like her, what the fuck?

"What are you doing?" I whisper into her ear. She makes intense eye contact with me and without saying a word, immediately sinks her index finger inside me. I let out a small gasp and almost choke on my food.