32-Don't Tell My Mom

TW: Mentions of SA

**Claire POV**

We pull into the circle driveway of Reneé's childhood home. Reneé is unloading our things from the rental car while I fidget with the keys. I think meetings someone's parents might possibly be the most nerve wracking thing ever, I am nervous as fuck. She hands me my suitcase as she pulls her backpack from the backseat. 

"Ready?" she sighs. I nod at her apprehensively before she takes my hand in hers. We walk together up to the front door steps of the Rapp household and my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. Reneé reaches up to knock on the door, it was locked and she doesn't carry a key anymore.

"They're gonna love you" she whispers to me as we wait to be let inside. After a few more seconds, her dad whips the door open in front of us.

"There she is!" he exclaims, throwing his arms around Reneé. She looks exactly like him.

"Dad, this is Claire, my girlfriend" Reneé says as she points to me, I reach my hand out to shake his.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Claire. We've heard so much about you" he says, pulling me in for a hug instead of shaking my hand. I am slightly mortified but it's whatever.

"You too" I mumble.

"Well, come in girls. Your mom is out back watering the plants" he says, leading us inside the house. When I walk in, the first thing I notice is hundreds of photos. Pictures of young Reneé and her little brother Charles line the walls in ornate frames, carefully hung on the white walls. Some of these I've seen but most of them I haven't. I stare for a moment before Reneé speaks up, snapping me out of my trance.

"Wasn't I fucking adorable?" she grins.

"So cute, oh my god. This one?" I giggle, pointing to a photo of Reneé on Christmas morning when she was maybe 5 or 6.

"We'll take this stuff upstairs in a little bit, let's go outside" she takes my hand and leads me through the kitchen and outside to the patio.

"Mom?" Reneé calls out while we walk down the steps and into the backyard.

"I'm over here, honey" she says as she shuts off the hose and starts to walk towards us.

"Hi mom" Reneé says, her mom pulls her in for a tight hug.

"Hi sugar" she says into her shoulder, their blonde hair blending together perfectly.

"This is Claire" she says as they pull away. Her mom looks me up and down and I can feel my face turn bright red.

"Oh, Reneé. She is even cuter in person. Hi honey, it's so great to finally meet you. Reneé has told me so much about you" she gushes, pulling me in to give me a hug as well.

"You too" I mumble a second time.

"How was your flight?" she asks, walking back towards the patio to take a seat.

"Much shorter than it is from LA" Reneé giggles.

"Is filming going well?" she asks, her line of questions may be the death of me. I am so bad at small talk.

"So far, yeah" Reneé asks, not going into much detail.

"And Claire, what about you? What do you do for work? I don't think Reneé has told me"

"I'm an architect" I start "I do floor plans for hospitals, casinos, restaurants and stuff like that"

"So, when Charlie and I decide to build a new house, you'll be able to help us out?" she smiles.