8-You Say That I'm Your Favorite

**Claire POV**

Reneé has been ignoring my texts all day and I'm starting to get anxious about it now. She left yesterday morning after I asked "what are we" and we've barely talked since then, I really hope I didn't scare her away. It's not that I need a label or anything, I just wanted to know if she feels the same way about me. I don't care if we are nothing, honestly. I just know that I love spending time with her and I want to keep seeing her. Maybe I just shouldn't have said anything. I decide to call her on my way home from work. The phone rings and rings but she never picks up. I call again and she sends me to voicemail immediately. I check her location and notice she's turned it off. Okay, what the fuck is going on?

I arrive at the door to my apartment and put the key in the lock. It's already unlocked, maybe I forgot to lock it when I left this morning? To my surprise, I open the door and step inside to see Reneé standing at the kitchen island with 3 huge bouquets of white roses. 

"Hi baby" she smiles at me before walking over to give me a kiss.

"Hi honey, what's all this?" I ask, looking around the apartment. She had cleaned the entire place while I was at work and made us dinner.

"I just wanted to do something special for you, I feel really bad about last night"

"This is like...the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you, Reneé"

"You're welcome. Let's eat!" she gushes, gesturing over to the dining room table. She pours us each a glass of my favorite white wine and we continue with small conversation in between bites. I didn't know she could cook, is there anything she can't do? We finish eating and I start to load the dishwasher before Reneé insists on taking over. I sit at the island while she finishes the few dishes that are left from our dinner.

"Are you ready for your next surprise?" she asks, turning around and drying off her hands with a towel.

"There's more?" I ask, raising my eyebrows at her.

"Yes baby, go sit on the couch and I'll let you know when I'm ready" she says before disappearing into my bedroom. I can't imagine what else she has planned for me, but I'm excited. I sit on the couch and scroll through social media while I wait for her to return. After a short while, she calls out to me from the other room.

"I'm ready! You can come in!" she yells. I get off the couch and walk into my bedroom, all the lights are off. I see a faint light coming from the master bathroom, the door is cracked slightly. I walk inside to see Reneé in the bathtub. There are probably 100 candles lit and rose petals scattered everywhere. This is definitely the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. I stare at her in awe for a moment, bubbles conceal her naked body under the water and her long blonde hair is tucked neatly into a claw clip.

"Are you gonna get in or just stand there and stare at me?" she flirts. I smile and nod at her before stripping my clothes off and hopping in with her.

"This is so nice" I say as I lean against her, sinking into the warm water. She wraps her arms around my waist as I lay on top of her, my back on her chest. I look up at her and give her a small kiss on the lips. The flame of a hundred candles cast a warm glow on her skin, she looks perfect in this light. This moment is perfect.

"You did all this just because you felt bad about last night?" I question. 

"Well, yes. Aaaaand there is something I wanted to ask you" she starts. My heart skips a beat, I really hope this is what I think it is.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I would literally love nothing more" I say before sitting up to pull her on top of me, wrapping my arms around her waist. Our wet bodies press against each other and there is nowhere else I would rather be at this moment. She kisses me slowly and it feels different than the other times. It's sweet and passionate, it's careful and intentional.

"Thank you for doing all this" I tell her, breaking our kiss for a short moment.

"Thank you for being so perfect. You're like, my favorite person" she smiles, pulling me back in and continuing to kiss me. My hand travels down to her ass, I squeeze her gently and she presses herself against me harder. She parts her legs and I slide mine in between them, she lowers herself onto my knee and starts to grind against me. I give her another squeeze, a little harder this time and bite her bottom lip. She gasps and sits up.

"Can we go to the bed?" she pleads. I smile at her and nod my head. I stand up, taking her hand in mine as we step out of the bathtub. We dry each other off quickly, stealing kisses every couple seconds. I lift her up and carry her to my bed, sitting her down gently before climbing on top of her and connecting our lips once again. I can't keep my hands off of her. I pull away to look at her for a moment, admiring the beautiful girl beneath me. The girl who I now get to call my girlfriend.

"You're so beautiful" I tell her "I can't believe you're mine"

"All yours baby" she mutters between kisses "now show me how you fuck your girlfriends"

**Author's Note**

I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed writing it, I think this is my favorite chapter so far! Next chapter is the plot twist of a century so buckle your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen. Let's be honest though, there are probably not many gentlemen reading this.

xoxo

-M