28-Same Beginning, Middle But Still No End

**Claire POV**

I turn to put away the last dish from dinner when Reneé's phone buzzes on the island behind me. I turn around slightly to peek and I feel my stomach drop when I see who's name appeared on the screen.

Towa: Hey stranger, miss you. Call me when you get a second?

I thought she blocked her when we moved, what the fuck? Do I say something to her? Do I ignore it? I'll check her phone again before we go to sleep to see if she replies but for now I just decide to ignore it. I walk over to where Reneé is sitting on the couch and plop down besides her.

"Wanna go for a walk?" she asks. We have been going on "hot girl walks" after dinner lately and to be honest, it's one of my favorite parts of the day.

"Sure" I smile and we stand up and walk towards the door.

"I need socks" Reneé states, running into the bedroom to grab a pair from the dresser.

"Do you need some?" she calls out to me.

"Yes please" I say, distracted by her phone that is still sitting on the island. I want to pick it up and reply to her but I know I can't. Reneé comes back into the kitchen and I pretend to be distracted by my own phone, she tosses a pair of socks at me.

"Ready?" she says, standing up after tying her shoes.

"Yeah, don't forget your phone" I remind her, hoping she will see the message from Towa and say something about it.

"I don't need it, you have yours right?" she replies. God fucking damn it.

"Yeah" I tell her.

"Then I'll leave mine" she says, taking my hand in hers as she walks out the door.

We walk a few times around the neighborhood, its much quieter here than in LA. There is a lot of grass and trees, it reminds me a lot of Indiana so I like it. We talk about my day, which is mostly the same everyday. It is much more fun to listen to her talk though, her job is much more interesting than mine. And, Reneé is a yapper so she always has a lot to say. She rambles on and I listen intently as we arrive back home.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower, okay?" Reneé tells me as we take off our shoes.

"Okay"

I watch her pick her phone up off the island and look at it. She slips it into her pocket and walks into the bathroom without saying a word. I know she saw it, but she doesn't know I saw it. I sit on the couch and stare at the wall, contemplating how I'm supposed to say something to her about this without sounding insane. To my knowledge, they have not talked since a few weeks before we moved. But, Reneé is on set for 8+ hours most days, so do I really know they haven't talked? I'm so sick of this. It's the same beginning, middle, but still no end. Maybe this isn't worth it and Jane was right, moving here with her was a bad idea. I don't know why I believed things would be different now, I am so stupid. My thoughts get louder and I feel myself start to spiral when suddenly Reneé calls out to me from the bathroom.

"Baby?"

I stand up and walk into the bathroom to see what she needs.

"What?" I ask.

"Wanna get in with me?" she smiles at me flirtatiously, but I am not in the mood.

"No, I showered this morning" I tell her, hoping she won't ask again.

"So? C'mon, just get in with me" she pouts. I know she doesn't just want me to "get in" with her, it always leads to more. Which I normally don't mind, but tonight I don't want to.