The Annual Function

As Ishika and I waited for our turn to perform at the annual function, excitement buzzed in the air like a thousand fluttering butterflies. The stage lights shimmered, casting a warm glow over the auditorium. My heart thudded with a mix of nerves and anticipation. Ishika, my ever-loyal companion, stood by my side, her presence a comforting anchor in the sea of nerves.

Just as the announcer called our names, a sudden urge to visit the washroom hit me. Ishika, being the true friend she is, insisted on accompanying me. Together, we navigated the maze of corridors until we reached the restroom.

Stepping out, I noticed a same figure lingering by the entrance, his gaze fixed on me. A shiver of unease prickled down my spine, but I brushed it off, dismissing him as just another face in the crowd. Ishika, however, noticed my discomfort and shot a curious glance in his direction.

Ignoring the mysterious stranger, I focused on the task at hand. It was our time to shine. Then we took to the stage, the familiar rush of adrenaline coursing through my veins. As the music began, we moved in perfect synchrony, our bodies flowing with the rhythm like poetry in motion. 

The audience watched in rapt attention, their eyes fixed on our performance. With each graceful movement, their applause grew louder, a symphony of appreciation echoing through the auditorium.

In that moment, under the glare of the spotlight, surrounded by my classmates and my best friend, I felt like I was flying, free from the constraints of the world around me. And as the final notes of the music faded into the air, I knew that this was a memory I would cherish forever.